Notes from Chris
Episode 366Welcome to Side Hustle School, Season II! We are getting underway with an all-new journey! If we haven’t met before, my name is Chris Guillebeau, I’m the host and guide of Side Hustle School. Every day, 7 days a week, I bring you a different story of someone—perhaps someone like you—who takes action to create more freedom and more options for their life. For new listeners, I wanted to explain a bit more of what it’s about, and for our many longtime listeners, I’ll tell you some new things that are coming up. The purpose of this show—our singular mission—is to help you create a new source of income without quitting your job. It’s not about having a startup, risking it all, borrowing money or looking for investors—nothing like that. It’s about using the skills you already have and going from idea to income. Our goal is to help busy people who don’t necessarily want to be entrepreneurs but do like the idea of making money apart from their paycheck do exactly that. And they’re doing that—thousands of people all over the world—by starting a side hustle. People use this phrase a lot. What do I mean by it? I’m talking about an income-generating project—not a part-time job or driving for Uber! It's about making an asset that works for you. Being able to wake up to money in your bank account. Or to be busy with your job but still earn that extra cash. Let’s make this your year of taking action! I’ll be here every day, and I hope you’ll join me. There’s a new episode every day, so stay tuned. Here's to your hustle!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ep. 146 - Mom & Son Create 'Comfy Cup' Support for Young Athletes: A Kansas City-area mom and her 10-year-old son invent an unconventional (but essential) product for young male athletes that brings in more than $5,000 a month
- Ep. 355 - Paralegal Starts Side Hustle During Maternity Leave: After starting her hustle with a friend, this new mom buys out her co-owner and begins earning $10,000/month selling baby items
- Ep. 73 - Florida Man Earns $100,000 Selling T-Shirts with No Inventory: There’s more than one way to make a lot of money designing and selling t-shirts without actually keeping them on hand. In today’s story, an app designer earns six-figures with a print-on-demand service
- Ep. 227 - Animal Lover Breeds Rabbits; Graduates College Debt Free: No, it’s not a lop-sided story: this college student pays her way through school by raising rabbits. Hop to it!
- Ep. 324 - The $300,000 Bouncy Castle Hustle—With No Inventory!: A Texas man puts a bounce in his step by finding a uniquely profitable niche. This bouncy hustle earns multiple six-figures in its first year
- Ep. 352 - Role-Playing Pastor Rolls The Dice On $2800/Month Hustle: Listener success story! This Presbyterian minister turns to his lifelong interest in role-playing games to set up a sustainable second income source
- Ep. 353 - Yoga Teacher Cleans Up with Home Organizing Business: After attending a live podcast taping, this longtime side hustler starts a new project that helps people declutter while donating items to local refugees
- Side Hustle Society: Get advanced training, monthly Q&A calls, and support from me and other Side Hustlers when you join the Side Hustle Society—coming January 9th!
- Order Side Hustle: Get your copy of my new book, Side Hustle wherever books are sold, and get a free bonus when you forward me your receipt
- How to Subscribe to a Podcast: Here's a step by step guide to show you how to subscribe in Apple Podcast and Spotify
- The Art of Non-Conformity: If you enjoy the show and want to check out some of my other projects, my blog is a great place to start
- The Onward Project: Side Hustle School is part of the Onward Project founded, led, coached by Gretchen Rubin, author of The Four Tendencies and host of the mega popular podcast HAPPIER
- World Domination Summit: Every summer since 2011, I've been putting together a conference like no other in Portland, OR. If you're interested in learning how to live an unconventional life in a conventional world, I'd love to see you there!
Want to build any kind of website for your hustle? If so, you'll need somewhere to host it! This is the reliable company I've used for my past 5 websites. It's cheap, flexible, and you can get support 24 hours a day.
Get your own hosting plan for just $5 a month!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,