Notes from Chris
Episode 731Welcome to Side Hustle School, Season III!!! 2 years ago I had an idea to make something for people who didn’t identify with a lot of the traditional messages about starting a business. That was exactly 730 days ago. Since then we’ve had a nonstop, no break series of stories that are designed to inspire and equip you with the tools you need. So for anyone new out there, here’s a super quick intro: My name is Chris Guillebeau, I’m the host and guide of Side Hustle School. For my entire adult life—which is, it’s true, not short—I’ve been starting projects that make money without costing much money. The whole purpose of Side Hustle School is to shine the spotlight on regular people who are starting income-generating projects of their own. Every day this year, I’ll tell you how they got their ideas, how they made those ideas happen, what mistakes they made or challenges they had to overcome, and what the outcome has been. Often times you’ll notice that even though some people are making a lot of money, what they find to be the most valuable is the confidence and self-worth they gain merely by unlocking that new source of income. Before I go any further, let me give you a few examples from Season II. These are all true stories of real people that you’ll hear every day. Here's to your hustle!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ep. 635 - Trader Joe’s Sign Artist Earns $43,200 Selling Tea-Stained Prints: Discovering the art of tea-stained prints using publicly available (and free!) art, a Trader Joe’s employee begins earning $3,600 a month selling custom prints online
- Ep. 648 - Food Tour Guide Chomps Down on $100,000 Profit: After first beginning with private cooking lessons, this former marketer discovers an even bigger opportunity in the world of food tours
- Ep. 654 - Nestle Employee Doubles Salary By Playing Video Games at Night: Hard work pays off! After three years of streaming video games to an audience of thousands every night, this marketing manager now earns more from his side gig than he does from his day job
- How to Subscribe to a Podcast: Here's a step by step guide to show you how to subscribe in Apple Podcast and Spotify
- Side Hustle Society: Get advanced training, monthly Q&A calls, and support from me and other Side Hustlers when you join the Side Hustle Society—coming January 9th!
- Order Side Hustle: Get your copy of my new book, Side Hustle, wherever books are sold, and get a free bonus when you forward me your receipt
- The Art of Non-Conformity: If you enjoy the show and want to check out some of my other projects, my blog is a great place to start
- The Onward Project: Side Hustle School is part of the Onward Project founded, led, coached by Gretchen Rubin, author of The Four Tendencies and host of the mega popular podcast HAPPIER
- World Domination Summit: Every summer since 2011, I've been putting together a conference like no other in Portland, OR. If you're interested in learning how to live an unconventional life in a conventional world, I'd love to see you there!
Download 2019 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP Download 2018 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2017 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Want to build any kind of website for your hustle? If so, you'll need somewhere to host it! This is the reliable company I've used for my past 5 websites. It's cheap, flexible, and you can get support 24 hours a day.
Get your own hosting plan for just $5 a month!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,