Notes from Chris
Episode 736THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 1 of Season III! This time one year ago I was struggling a lot, and I’m happy to say that at least right now, looking back, I’m glad to be where I am right now. Will this continue? I hope so ... but I promise to tell you either way. I try to share my own goals, struggles, and honest challenges with you. Longtime listeners, I hear you! You need a community. We’re working on it. New listeners, welcome. Use this time to plan and start well. Here’s a powerful habit for you: identify no more than 3 priorities each day. Then, at the end of the day, review them. Ask yourself if today mattered. Did you make progress? Did you encounter a setback? And if you find yourself continuing to defer something important, make an active decision. Push through and get it done, or just decide not to do it. Either way is better than the psychic dissonance that comes from just seeing it every day but not doing anything about it. In today’s recap: loneliness as a business need, and an audio update from a previous featured case study. To hear more about this and everything else, check out today's Weekly Recap!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Susan Clayton, who was featured on the show in Ep. 132. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Susan herself! You can also check out her website, WhitePaws RunMitts.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 730 - When a mom starts a furniture business, it inspires her kids to try their own hands at business from an early age
- Ep. 731 - We’re back for the third year in a row with more stories! Here’s what it’s all about and what you can expect as we level-up for our awesome listeners
- Ep. 732 - After selling a few tickets to concerts he couldn’t attend, this teacher found himself with a lucrative side hustle that changed his life
- Ep. 733 - Inspired by a generation’s obsession with startups and brunch, this Wall Street relationship manager combines the two on a silver platter
- Ep. 734 - Bored at work, a young economics analyst gets creative and designs charts about love and breakups. She ends up with a book deal—and a better job
- Ep. 735 - A small-town Oregonian grows a travel blog into a multiple six-figure business
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Remember the hair scrunchie from the 1980s? It’s making a comeback, and this community college administrator sells thousands of them from her home
- After returning from an extended trip abroad, this digital strategist draws on a sense of adventure to source and sell heirloom throw blankets
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,