Notes from Chris
Episode 190LISTENER Q&A: This week we had a listener question from Amanda:
- Amanda has been a face painter for the last seven years, but she's essentially hustled herself to the bone, and it has taken a physical toll on her and her health. She's really enjoyed episodes featuring side hustlers who are bringing in passive income, and she's thinking about adding an additional branch to her business that would allow her to bring in a passive income on the side in addition to the physical face painting that she already does. Right now Amanda is considering starting a YouTube channel for this purpose, but she hasn't really heard of any episodes that use this model.
CHRIS' RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're interested in creating a passive income stream like Amanda, here are some past episodes that you may find helpful:
- College Student Generates 50M Views on YouTube, Hires 13 Employees: After seeking a method to conquer her own skin issues, one woman takes to YouTube to help others shed their skin insecurities as well. Five years later, she has her own skincare line serving people all over the world!
- Stay-At-Home Mom Helps Immigrants Gain Citizenship with YouTube Tutorials: This e-commerce platform is one that I use often on Side Hustle School, and I like it because it's incredibly intuitive and easy to use no matter how technologically savvy you are
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 184 - A New York professional rents high-end accessories to brides who want the glam without the buck
- Ep. 185 - A farmer’s daughter finds a way to bring small-town hospitality to tables all around America, selling handmade linens and accessories that bring people together over meals
- Ep. 186 - You won’t believe this gripping story: two married fitness enthusiasts capitalize on the niche grip strength market, earning extra cash and peace of mind for their growing family
- Ep. 187 - When searching high and low for fresh roasted coffee leaves a father in the Yukon with an empty mug, he starts making it himself and creates a side hustle caffeinating the masses
- Ep. 188 - A corporate employee who enjoys saving on car rentals builds an affiliate project that becomes so successful that the car rental companies try to put it out of business
- Ep. 189 - Tanya-Jane Park wasn’t looking for a side hustle when she went to a popular music festival, but when her friend lost her handbag, she managed to find one anyway
Side Hustle Publication Countdown:
In 71 days (September 19th!), my new book, Side Hustle, will launch—and I can’t wait to share it with you!
The book builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
MORE NEWS IS COMING SOON, BUT FOR NOW:
- You can pre-order the book from your choice of retailers including your favorite local bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, or anywhere else you’d prefer. If you pre-order, save your receipt (digital or physical)—I’ll have a special bonus for you later.
- Join the Street Team and be part of the launch!
- I’ll be doing a 100-city tour throughout the U.S., Canada, U.K., and then eventually the rest of the world. If you represent a company, organization, co-working space, or similar that would like to host an event, let me know.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After being given a ‘write a business plan’ assignment for school, this 14-year-old created an actual business instead
- Banking on a universal love of chocolate, a former temp worker creates a unique side hustle leading guided tours that allow tourists to eat their way through London’s chocolate shops
- A couple in Virginia ‘home’ in on a side hustle renting out white doves for weddings and special events
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Wordpress.com! Whether you’re looking to create a personal blog, business site, or both—you’ll make a big impact, when you build your website on WordPress.com. 💻
Get 15% off when you build your website with Wordpress.com—use promo code PODCAST when you check out.
Get Started Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,