Notes from Chris
Episode 421LISTENER QUESTIONS: I recently received a great email from Rachel. She has a question that a number or people have asked in different ways, but I love the way that she phrased it. Here's what Rachel had to say:
- Hi Chris! Today, I was filled with excitement as I opened my Amazon box to the bright, yellow cover of your book. I can’t wait to dig in! My question for you: is it possible to create a side hustle for a brick-and-mortar business while maintaining your day job? It seems like many people’s success is with low overhead online businesses, but my dream is to open a wellness studio. Am I biting off too much to chew with a side hustle of this nature? Thank you for taking the time to read this!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 415 - A college student turns inspiration into a profitable business, motivating the masses with positive quotes on customized sticky pads
- Ep. 416 - Frustrated with climbing the corporate ladder, a marketer finds adventure waiting for her at the bottom when she starts a travel planning service for women
- Ep. 417 - She only needs to make $3,000. But when she turns to a side hustle to fill the French Bulldog shaped hole in her life, she ends up making six-figures
- Ep. 418 - By focusing on a specific group of readers—and understanding their core needs—a blog about natural living and saving money earns $3,000/month
- Ep. 419 - When health issues end a construction career for one of them, two Canadian brothers start an online leather shop selling high-quality goods
- Ep. 420 - An outdoors enthusiast discovers side hustle success when he cuts through the thicket and launches a “kayak by night” tour service
Join the Side Hustle Society!
We've already launched our first iteration of the Side Hustle Society, and if you missed round one, round two is coming very soon!
This online training program is designed to take you step by step through starting a side hustle project of your own, and it's also going to be an online community where you can connect with other side hustlers, make introductions, and get peer feedback.
We'll be opening round two on Tuesday, February 27th, so visit our Society page if you're interested in being a part of a strong and supportive side hustle community!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A California-based professional uses her autoimmune disease to learn about healthy performance food, creating two businesses in the process
- When a young woodworker receives a wooden bow tie as a gift, he’s unimpressed. After making his own, he earns $20,000 while going to high school full-time
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,