Notes from Chris
Episode 155WEEKLY CHECK-IN: Each week, there will be a new question and an opportunity for you to share your side hustle journey on the show! Today, I want to know—what prevents you from moving forward and making progress? And do you have a tip for moving forward? To send in your response either leave me a voice message, call our Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), or make a voice memo on your phone and email it to me at email@example.com
LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Shannon in California and Ravi in the United Kingdom:
- Shannon just purchased her first domain, but she's still pretty uncertain about the whole process. She can see from the Google domain that she purchased that she has the ability to link up through them to web hosting using Squarespace or Blogger, but while she is looking to start with a blog, she'd like to leave the possibility of adding on a storefront or something similar further down the road. She doesn't want to make the wrong decision, so she wants to know which blogging site I would recommend that she start with.
**If you're not sure where to start online like Shannon, visit this page to learn more about your options.
- Ravi has been getting a lot of inspiration from the show and has started to brainstorm for his first side hustle. Naturally, he tries to run these ideas by his friends, but they aren't really entrepreneurially motivated and have given him a lot of negative feedback and energy. He wants to know how to stay motivated despite the negativity he's receiving about his ideas.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 149 - A South Carolina native turns his college hobby of entertaining with balloons into a profitable balloon performance, décor, and delivery side hustle
- Ep. 150 - This episode features a promising affiliate model side hustle centered around diamonds that includes a price tracker and an algorithm for ideal sparkliness
- Ep. 151 - This episode not only features a fantastic story, the topic is also quite timely with recent changes in the United State's political climate. A couple immigrate to Canada and create a resource blog and e-book to help others navigate the murky waters of Canadian citizenship
- Ep. 152 - Digital scrapbooking is a big industry. By learning to create “scripts” that make scrapbookers’ work more efficient, today’s featured hustler has created a sustainable second income
- Ep. 153 - Always up for a challenge, this IT manager discovers what it takes to stand out on Etsy, and creates a vintage antique style shop bringing in an extra $1,000-2,000 a month
- Ep. 154 - Another affiliate side hustle featuring a unique idea—creating a book registry for special occasions (e.g. - birthdays, baby showers, weddings, etc.) in lieu of greeting cards that often end up in the trash
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- An episode I'm really excited about that features an Army veteran who makes $650,000 in one year advertising apps
- A New York City office manager who moonlights as a creative, cash-collecting ceramist and lands her work in a Michelin starred restaurant
- How a former radio announcer makes a handsome side profit selling her most natural and accessible tool: her voice
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,