Notes from Chris
Episode 162LISTENER EMAILS: Our listener emails for this week come to us from Michelle and Simon:
- Michelle says, "I listen to your podcast on the subway, while making dinner, and I even listen to it with my children. I have told many friends and co-workers about Side Hustle School podcast, and I just love to hear the great ideas others have had. I'm not sure what my side hustle should be yet (I'm a teacher), but I'm hoping to be sparked soon. Thanks!"
- Simon says, "I think most people (myself included sometimes) are caught between the headlights of a fear of failure and the ideal of perfection. Well, the biggest takeaway from the Side Hustle stories is: start, improve, and learn. Once you’ve done something once it takes away the fear." To hear more from these listener emails, tune into the Weekly Recap. If you have something you'd like to say, I'd love to hear from you! Please send all messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 156 - Quite possibly my favorite story from this week—an Army veteran hits the jackpot with his smart approach to blogging, bringing in multiple six figures with nearly zero overhead costs
- Ep. 157 - How unique, renewable production techniques help a ceramics enthusiast land her products in a Michelin starred restaurant in the heart of the Big Apple
- Ep. 158 - An interesting side hustle featuring urban hiking in San Francisco that leads to a substantial side income of $50,000 a year
- Ep. 159 - How a brewing innovator bridges the gap between local breweries eager to make money off of their idle equipment and event planners who want to create their own customized beer
- Ep. 160 - A professor in Canada uses her voice acting skills to create a flexible side hustle that allows her to increase her traveling and live the life she wants
- Ep. 161 - A thirty-four-year-old fashionista in New York City finds a way to turn the economic crisis into an opportunity promoting affordable fashion while bringing in a profit to keep her flush in designer looks
World Domination Summit is coming up in just over a month! We are sold-out of main stage tickets, however, you can still sign up for some of our Academies. At these 3-hour workshops, you'll have an opportunity to learn something new that will help you live your own remarkable life story. Here are just a few of the awesome topics we have in store for you this year:
- How to Tell Captivating Stories with Marsha Shandur
- Craft Your Time to Dominate Your World with Mike Vardy
- Make A Living Writing with Jeff Goins
- Working It Out: Sustainable Health and Fitness with Mike Goncalves
And so much more! Check out the Academies page for the full schedule.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- How a master of time management helps other female entrepreneurs learn to automate the tasks they face every day while creating a flexible second income that pays for her medical bills each month
- Opportunity knocks for a Utah accountant and leads to a fortuitous side hustle making $70,000 in one year with a $0.99 app
- A Houston mom digs into a side gig with creative and community benefits.
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Harry's. Get the close, comfortable shave you deserve!
Sign up by clicking the button below, and you’ll receive their most popular Trial Set—a 13 dollar value—for FREE when you cover the shipping.💈
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,