What It's About
An update from a social experiment that's also a profitable side hustle.
Notes from Chris
Episode 1139Welcome to Throwback Thursday / “Where are they now?” where we take an in-depth look at someone who’s story has evolved considerably since we first featured them. Recent features have included a guy who runs citywide scavenger hunts all over the country, a Denver woman who leads food tours for up to 700 people a month, and more. Today, in our latest feature, we’ll hear from someone who had an unusual idea. I remember when we first featured him, I looked at some of the initial notes and wasn’t sure it was a good fit for the show. That’s because I didn’t quite understand the project—it seemed more like a fun thing to do, or a meaningful social experiment, but not necessarily a moneymaking business. It turned out that it was all of those things. Listen to today's episode to hear Jesse's updates...
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out Jesse's business and social experiment at his website, Kindnessandco.com.
- Want to hear more kindness stories? You can subscribe to Jesse's kindness newsletter at this link.
- Want to join this kindness revolution? Jesse and his team are giving away Kindness Kits to the first 100 folks that email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate, Just provide your name and address.
- Listener Discovers Astronomical Success in Astrological Gifts: A shift in mindset leads a long-time Etsy seller to focus on replicable items that earn passive income.
- Curated Gift Boxes for Breakups and Baby Bumps: A breakup brings two sisters together to create one happy side hustle.
- Friends Turn Gift Boxes into Prosperous Project: Two friends in New York City take the hassle out of finding the perfect gift box. You bring the gift … they provide the box.
Download 2020 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG Download 2019 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2018 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2017 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Social media is nice, but building an email list is still the single best way to get customers and clients for your hustle. It's not hard to get started—sign up for a 30-day trial and join the list-building challenge! You’ll be up and running in no time.
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,