Notes from Chris
Episode 1044THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 45 of Season III This week featured a WalMart manager who cleans aquariums for fun and profit, a health scare that inspires an adventurous career change, and a guy making his own simple syrup. Here we are, coming to the end of 2019 ... and I have a feeling that 2020 is going to be a big, monumental year for a lot of people. So why not start thinking about it now—what do you need to do or put in place now in order to be ready to go in January? Longtime listeners know that every year in December I do an Annual Review where I go away for a week to reflect on the year that’s ending and plan for the next. That process is still a month away, but every once in awhile I’m starting to make some notes. I believe that a big part of succeeding in your goals is creating a supportive environment for them. If your goal is to climb Everest next year, you should probably be training now. Even if your goals aren’t quite that ambitious, allowing them to “settle” before you officially begin can be helpful. In doing so, allow yourself to think about what you might want to accomplish next year—and do this without putting any limitations or pressure on yourself. You’re not making a commitment now; you’re just considering what you might want to undertake. Listen to the Weekly Recap to learn more!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Sarah Chetney from Alberta, Canada. Ep. 446 — Canadian Mom Spells Out Success, Earns Letterboard Loot. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Sarah! Want to learn more about Sarah's business and products? Head over to her, Letter Poet Amazon store.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 1038 - Walmart Manager Cleans Aquariums for Fun and Profit: Stumbling onto a fishy side hustle, a former retail manager discovers a way to earn $70,000 a year while working just 15 hours a week.
- Ep. 1039 - Animator Re-Animates His Income Selling Graphic Kits: When a Los Angeles based animator looks to pay off his mortgage faster, he gets things in motion creating toolkits for other animators.
- Ep. 1040 - Spokane Simple Syrups Stock Store Shelves: A brewmaster in Spokane crafts flavorful syrups for cocktails, baked goods, and more.
- Ep. 1041 - Frustrated Employee Finds Inspiration in Frida Kahlo Instagram Account: When a tech worker finds herself dissatisfied, she starts an Instagram account that turns into an online store and a social mission.
- Ep. 1042 - Health Scare Inspires Adventurous Career Change: A longing for independence leads a web designer to create an adventure-themed brand of totes, mugs, and more.
- Ep. 1043 - Writer-Editor Makes Six-Figure Life Revision: A writer finds financial freedom by editing other people’s work, eventually building his own agency.
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Stumbling onto a fishy side hustle, a former retail manager discovers a way to earn $70,000 a year while working just 15 hours a week.
- A longing for independence leads a graphic designer to create an adventure-themed brand of totes, mugs, and more.
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,