Notes from Chris
Episode 1037THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 44 of Season III This week featured a trio of young brothers who turn frozen treats into a hot business, a poker-playing Yale student who ends up building a $90,000/month consulting firm (not by playing poker), and more. Over here, I’m excited to be going to Australia this week—my favorite country. Last week’s Recap focused on assets. I gave you the assignment to make a list of your assets and consider how you can add to that list. Today’s audio update from a previously featured case study is a great example of the distinction between a low-level side hustle and a real asset, which is really what this whole project is about. (I should have called it Side Asset School, but no one would get that. Now that you’ve been here for a while, feel free to think of it like that...) Also, in Ep. 1033, about that guy who played poker at Yale and then moved to California, eventually building an incredible business, there were two key reasons why it worked so well. Listen to the Weekly Recap to learn more!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Harry a.k.a "the Rideshare Guy". Ep. 375 — Aerospace Engineer Becomes Full-Time Rideshare Expert. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Harry! Need a lift to learn more about Harry's business? Head on over his blog theRideShareGuy.com.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 1031 - Kid Brothers Turn Frozen Treats Into Hot Business: Three young brothers create vegan snacks that produce healthy profits.
- Ep. 1032 - Breast Cancer Survivor Creates Seatbelt Covers for Patients: A breast cancer survivor makes a seat belt pillow for herself, and then turns it into a handmade business.
- Ep. 1033 - Medical Emergency Inspires $90,000/Month Consulting Business: An ambitious startup employee pays for his parents’ medical care through student consultations, then grows a side hustle into a real business.
- Ep. 1034 - Pay Off Student Loans With Your Spare Change: After barely making a dent in student loans after years of repayments, two brothers brainstorm solutions for an app that rounds up spare change.
- Ep. 1035 - Divorce Leads Banker To Boudoir Photography Empire: Inspired by her own session after a divorce, a corporate banker finds her calling in boudoir photography. The business now earns multiple six figures a year!
- Ep. 1036 - Teenpreneur Skips College to Build Pet Care Company A young animal lover goes from walking dogs to owning a multi-city pet care company.
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Stumbling onto a fishy side hustle, a former retail manager discovers a way to earn $70,000 a year while working just 15 hours a week.
- A longing for independence leads a graphic designer to create an adventure-themed brand of totes, mugs, and more.
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,