What It's About
A college lecturer discovers a knack for building curriculum.
Words of Wisdom
Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals not only inspires you, it also allows you to make strong connections in your field and promote both yourself and what you do. It's important to have a small group of people that you can bounce ideas off of and grow with professionally.
One day, Megan stopped into the San Antonio Museum of Art and discovered the French modern sculptor, Rodin. She was entranced by a short video detailing the painstaking wax bronze casting process Rodin used in order to create his beautiful sculptures. It takes many steps, expertise in several modalities, and the talented eye of the sculptor to complete one of those masterpieces.
She doesn’t claim to be a world-class artist, but she realized that the process was similar to that of what she was beginning to embark on with her side hustle.
Notes from Chris
Megan’s story follows an old, tried and true business model: “Teach what you know.” By teaching what you already know, whether it’s related to your profession or a hobby, you gain a built-in advantage: not only do you have the right knowledge, it's also probably something you care about. You don’t necessarily have to be an “expert” on the subject, because there's always going to be someone out there who doesn't know as much as you do on a given topic. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- San Antonio Museum of Art: The museum where Megan first discovered Rodin.
- Rodin: If you'd like to learn more about Rodin and his particular style of art, check out his Wikipedia page.
- Ohio IT Director Earns $31,000 Setting Up Wordpress Sites: How an Ohio IT director earned more than $31,000 empowering others by providing them with the tools and resources they needed to set up their own websites
- Hospital Database Programmer Outsources His Skills: How a hospital employee utilizes skills that he learned from work to help others work with and process complex computer programs and information earning over $100/hour
- Fitness Pole Dance Studio Grows to 4 Locations: How a graphic designer started a pole dancing fitness studio, expanded it to multiple locations, and grew it to a six-figure income before quitting her job
Download Episodes By Months Season 4 (2020): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | Season 3 (2019): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 2 (2018): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 1 (2017): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC |
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Indochino, the company that’s reinventing men’s fashion.
Go to Indochino.com to get any premium Indochino suit for just $389, plus free shipping, when you use promo code HUSTLE at checkout. 🤵
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,