Notes from Chris
Episode 694THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 47 of Season II! Happy post-Thanksgiving! I want to encourage you to use this time to reframe or recast it in some way. You can’t control every outcome, but you can control your experience, your response, and your decisions. In life, this means ... pay attention to how you feel and ask yourself what you want. In your side hustle, this could mean a couple of things. Maybe you think you have a great idea, but it’s not quite working. Well, that’s okay—remember you can’t control every outcome. What do you need to do to go back to basics and retool your offer? Or, maybe what you’re doing is sort-of working, but your heart isn’t in it. This is another opportunity for you to reframe or recast. Every year I do an Annual Review, where I spend the better part of a week identifying goals and making a plan for the year to come. I’ll take you along with me (I mean virtually, not in my suitcase...) and maybe you can do a review of your own.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 688 - A nouveau-cream wave of ice cream debuts at Coachella, and everyone freaks out
- Ep. 689 - When a friend needs help writing music for his podcast, this full-time music producer tunes up his side hustle strings
- Ep. 690 - When two friends realize that their savvy shopping is a skill, they dive into the world of affiliate marketing. After investing a grand total of $46 startup costs, they earned $1,200 in month three
- Ep. 691 - This lifelong baker was afraid of pies—but when she overcomes her hesitancy, she undertakes a baking adventure that leads to hundreds of satisfied customers. Get rich or pie tryin’!
- Ep. 692 - He never saw himself starting a side hustle, but when he noticed one of his marketing clients making bank on seasonal pet gifts, he just couldn’t roll over anymore
- Ep. 693 - This biology student-turned model had a penchant for writing about sexual wellness. She just had to find a way to make money with it—and she did
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After her kids go off to college, this former stay-at-home-mom begins baking whoopie pies in bulk. She now makes them by the thousands, selling more than $25,000 in creamy inventory each month.
- Twin brothers turn their art of “cardistry” into a highly profitable business. It’s all fun and games as long as they don’t let their profits vanish….
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,