Notes from Chris
Episode 701THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Well, everyone, we made it to 700 episodes! Our starting date of January 1, 2017 still feels like yesterday ... but actually, it was 699 days ago. I'm so glad to be able to make Side Hustle School for you every day! 🎉🙏🏼 Over here I'm heading out on my Annual Review, where I spend much of the week reflecting on the year that's ending and making plans for the year to come. If you'd like to learn how to do your own review, check out this new post on my blog. Also, this week on the podcast featured a dog lover who makes up to $250,000 a year selling "dog threads"—AKA matching clothing for dogs and the humans who love them. On another note, are you still wondering what to get someone this holiday season? Give them a podcast! (Good news: it's free.) This is especially great for all those people who want "experiences, not stuff." Podcasts are a great experience! Check out GiftofPodcast.com to share Side Hustle School or any other podcast for free. To learn more about this and everything else, check out today's Weekly Recap!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Chris Wilson, who was featured on the show in Ep. 81. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Chris himself! You can also check out his website, Chris Wilson Studio.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 695 - Two friends always talked about starting a business. But it wasn’t until a run-in with some expensive headphones that they finally found the idea they’d been waiting for
- Ep. 696 - After her kids go off to college, this former stay-at-home-mom begins baking whoopie pies in bulk. She now makes them by the thousands, selling more than $25,000 in creamy inventory each month
- Ep. 697 - Twin brothers turn their art of “cardistry” into a highly profitable business. It’s all fun and games as long as they don’t let their profits vanish…
- Ep. 698 - A product development exec recognizes the need for a group buying platform for electronics and other items. After starting with $5,000, it now earns seven figures annually
- Ep. 699 - A UK-based consultant builds a better reading habit by starting a book club that grows to 350 members
- Ep. 700 - A Minnesota woman turns her design hobby into trendy duds for the whole family, including furry companions
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After completing 30 years of service in the Air Force, a veteran who struggles with OCD opens a special kind of candy shop
- It starts as a creative gift for his wife, but this tabletop game ends up making a lot of other people happy
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,