Notes from Chris
Episode 568LISTENER QUESTIONS, THEMES, & TAKEAWAYS: Last week, I was out and about all over the world, but it's always good to come back home. In today's Recap, I want to share some notes on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) from a guest expert. We received a great listener question, and rather than try to answer it myself, I went to an expert. And I've also got a story to share with you—a helpful lesson perhaps—on this topic of whether or not you should tell your family about your side hustle or not. This came up a couple days ago in Ep. 566 - Accountant Generates $10,000/Month In Sweat Equity, and I'd like to touch on that a little bit as well. But first, let's hear from Abigail and her question on SEO:
- Abigail: "Hi Chris! I have now listened to the Side Hustle audiobook more than 10 times. I was desperate for a business coach before I read your book, and now I'm already making more money than before on my existing business using these steps. I haven't even got through the 27 days yet and launched my new idea. Thank you so much for breaking this down I feel so much less overwhelmed and way more productive. I wondered what advice you could offer about SEO and getting my website found. Do you know of anyone who offers training or advice in this area, or do you think it is worth paying someone to do it for me? I run a baking business—so I work in a saturated market—but my products are unique and I am learning how to create "offers" (I can't believe it didn't occur to me before). I just want to be able to reach my audience. Any advice you could offer would be amazing. Thanks so much—this really has been life-changing for me!"
- - If you prefer to learn via video, here are two courses I created on Skillshare - SEO Today: Strategies to Earn Trust, Rank High, and Stand Out & Introduction to SEO: Tactics and Strategy for Entrepreneurs (Skillshare is actually a sponsor of the show! Use this link to get your first two months free).
- - If text + visual guides are more your speed, check out this guide on the Moz site! This one is pretty good too if you're looking for some additional resources.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 562 - In several parts of the world, bidets are used in lieu of toilet paper—but why not in Canada? One man sets out to change that, flushing away discouragement and banking profits
- Ep. 563 - Want to embarrass your frenemy? Send them an awkward, anonymous postcard congratulating them on a purchase they didn’t make. This bartender and yoga teacher earns an extra $100/day from her inventive idea!
- Ep. 564 - This production supervisor always loved buying video games—but it wasn’t until he stumbled upon some of his favorite games on eBay that he thought about selling them
- Ep. 565 - Tall women everywhere rejoice as an Australian’s side hustle brings new meaning to ‘top shelf’
- Ep. 566 - When this California accountant deducts harsh chemicals from deodorant, she earns sweat equity and superdry profits
- Ep. 567 - A love of fitness and fashion inspires a real estate broker and his workout buddy to sell resistance bands in custom colors
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and roughly 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- When he began live streaming his video games for a faraway friend, he had no idea he’d end up building a 30,000 person community and earning up to $3,000 a day
- Two Florida State grads create a mini-mouthwash empire, selling 3,500 bottles in less than a year
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,