Notes from Chris
Episode 449THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: So, last week, we talked about network marketing, but today, I'd like to talk more about profit margins. I recently received a question that I thought would be a good topic for today's episode—how high is too high for your profit margins to be? It's surprisingly a question that comes up quite a bit. We had a conversation with someone that we featured recently, and we got to talking about how much it cost them to produce their product and how much they turned around and sold it for. If you're curious about what your profit margins should be, check out the recap to learn more! LISTENER QUESTIONS: Today we have a listener voicemail from Jesse:
- Jesse has been listening to the show for six months, and she recently started working on an e-commerce store of her own. She's heard that a lot of people use PayPal as a payment option for their customers, but she's really not a fan and is hoping to find some alternatives that are easy to start with.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 443 - A Massachusetts woman helps men improve their online dating profiles. Tip #1: stop being creepy
- Ep. 444 - This Ohio man loves board games so much that he made his own—and when he tries to raise $6,000 through a Kickstarter campaign, he ends up with much more than he ever imagined
- Ep. 445 - After two failed attempts, a software developer’s passion for web development puts her on the path to profit
- Ep. 446 - After a search for customizable letter boards leaves her empty-handed, a Side Hustle School listener sees the writing on the wall
- Ep. 447 - An enterprising nonprofit employee bids for consulting contracts, earning a steady second income each month
- Ep. 448 - She had always wanted to open a bricks-and-mortar retail store, but it was always too expensive—until now
Join me at the World Domination Summit!
Have you heard of the World Domination Summit? This is a gathering of awesome people—an event that I've been hosting together with an amazing team in Portland, OR every summer for the past eight years.
WDS 2018 is coming up at the end of June (June 26th-July 2nd), and we'll be welcoming people from over 30 different countries. With inspiring keynote speakers, a week full of activities and attendee-led meetups, and two incredible parties, you won't want to miss it!
This is our final wave of main stage tickets so visit our website to get your ticket to this incredible, once a year event! We promise that it's unlike anything you've ever experienced before.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After being laid off, a Denver man turns his hobby into a full-time gig that earns $8,000/month
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane… or actually, it’s an acrobatic performance troupe that started as one mom’s side hustle, and now employs 14 people
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by the National Association of Realtors.
Every business faces challenges. Whether you need more space, a better location, or a little more curb appeal, a Realtor—a member of the National Association of Realtors—can help you find the right place to grow. So get what your business needs. Get Realtor! 🏢
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,