Notes from Chris
Episode 127LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Sheila in Nicaragua and Jonathan from Montana:
- Sheila has been researching how to get her side hustle up and running, but while she experiences a lot of momentum in the beginning, she has a tendency to get discouraged when she sees her competition. She worries that her idea isn't good enough, and she wants to know how she can overcome those doubts.
- Jonathan has narrowed his ideas down and is looking to start a drop shipping business for fly fishing. He's looking for tips on how to contact manufacturers for the first time.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 121 - While serving time after a run-in with the law, one man and his cousin get creative in the kitchen, then launch a successful food truck, catering, and restaurant business in rural Pennsylvania
- Ep. 122 - In this awesome story about a Michigan-based dog owner who uses her baking hobby to launch a gourmet, healthy dog treat business, we take a look at LLCs (Limited Liability Corporations) and how you can determine whether that path is right for you
- Ep. 123 - A couple of friends in Tennessee notice issues in the lawn care industry and decide to fix them using technology that better connects vendors and their customers. In the process, they create a million dollar side hustle that allows them to expand to several other nearby states
- Ep. 124 - She’s loud, she’s proud, and she’s wielding a hammer to smash the patriarchy with her hand-stamped feminist jewelry line
- Ep. 125 - Sometimes a shift is all you need to get on the right track. This blogger was able to get out of debt and make $82,000 last year while working two hours a day before and after his real job
- Ep. 126 - If you've ever thought that you didn't possess the technical skills to create a successful side hustle, this story may change your mind. It's all about how a salesman in Nashville, Tennessee jumps at the opportunity to launch a low-tech, low-stress side hustle that brings in an additional $48,000 for him and his family without even having to launch a website
Subscribe Now For A Free Five Step Tutorial
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- An event planner proves that you really can make money while having fun when he creates a competitive scavenger hunt game that takes place across Boston
- A story about two Virginia college students who make upgrading your wardrobe more affordable with their economic bow tie side hustle
- A former NASA employee with an unbridled enthusiasm for horseback riding changes her hustle strategy and proves she’s no one trick pony. We’re not horsing around!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,