Notes from Chris
Episode 995THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 38 of Season III! This week featured the massive Kickstarter success that raised $415,000, Atlanta food tours, a data scientist who turns teaching frustrations into recurring income, and more. In this last weekly recap before Episode 1,000, I want to look at a topic I’m calling stages of hustle-to-business growth. If you have any background in traditional business education, you’ve probably studied stages of companies. Like so many things, the stages of going from a side hustle to a more sustainable business are a bit different... So what do those look like? Listen to the Weekly Recap to learn more!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Stephanie from MusicForKiddos.com who was featured on the show in Ep. 397 — Music Therapist Writes Custom Lullabies For Restless Children. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Stephanie! Learn more about Stephanie's business at her website, MusicForKiddos.com.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 989 — When two friends spot an opportunity to create a practical camera accessory, the crowdfunding campaign exceeds their wildest expectations.
- Ep. 990 — An Atlanta lawyer creates a thriving and unexpected walking tour business that grows to multiple six-figures in annual income.
- Ep. 991 — An analytics manager and adjunct college teacher creates a time-saving platform to help non-technical students learn coding.
- Ep. 992 — Wanting to help a family member diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, this serial side hustler invents a sticky solution to a pressing problem.
- Ep. 993 — A mortgage loan officer combines her nautical roots with a love of design to create geographically personalized jewelry.
- Ep. 994 — Two Montana coworkers use their skills in welding to start a side hustle making sure brewery equipment is up to codes.
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After painstakingly learning to earn a perfect score on the SAT, this teenager shares his wisdom with other students. It goes on to become an eight-figure side hustle while he’s still in college!
- When a grocery store manager hits a weightlifting plateau, he creates and sells micro weight plates through hard work and heavy lifting.
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,