Notes from Chris
Episode 918THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 27 of Season III! This week, we took a look at a reusable straw that raises $1.8M on Kickstarter, a new mom who creates postpartum recovery kits, an online tea store that becomes a matcha-made in heaven, and more. I recently made a course for LinkedIn Learning, The Art of the Side Hustle. If you have a LinkedIn Premium membership, you can access that on demand. I’ll be doing two more courses with them later this month, and I’ll keep you posted. Tomorrow night, I’ll be live in San Francisco to talk about the new book 100 SIDE HUSTLES, making up for a previous date that we had to cancel when we had a venue issue. Today we have an audio update but first, let’s talk about something important ... does your idea pass the grandmother test?
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Brandi & Kyler Russell who was featured on the show in Ep. 146. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Brandi & Kyler! You can also check out their website!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 912 - Walking on a Thailand beach and seeing all the plastic pollution was the last straw for this environmentalist
- Ep. 913 - A professional organizer finds a way to stitch her passion for thrift shopping into profits
- Ep. 914 - After trying Japanese matcha for the first time, a high school student has a tea-riffic idea that earns thousands of dollars each month
- Ep. 915 - Happy Independence Day! After a difficult shopping experience, this new mom creates and sells her own products to aid in postpartum recovery
- Ep. 916 - After traveling the world, a college graduate works with B corporations to help them tell their stories
- Ep. 917 - An orthodontist sets out to invent a modern alternative to the age-old practice of pulling teeth
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- An account manager solves the mystery of “What happens to soap after it’s used in a hotel room?”—and turns it into a sustainable side hustle
- They loved smoked BBQ … and one day, they realized doing it for a living was the dream. So they jumped in full-force to the idea—heading straight for near-disaster
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,