Notes from Chris
Episode 862THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 19 of Season III! This week, we featured coffee importing, dog loving, and terrarium building… among others. And in less than 3 weeks, I'll be in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Austin, and Seattle—and that’s just week 1! In this action-packed recap: I want to share a powerful, important strategy you can use while building an initial audience. I’ll also bring you an audio update from a previously featured side hustler.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Mike McRitchie who was featured on the show in Ep. 320. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Mike! You can also check out his website, MikeMcRitchie.com, and while you're at it, check out LinkedIn Pro!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 856 - A customer service agent engineers a side hustle trans-fur-mation to full-time dog training business
- Ep. 857 - A telecom sales manager perks up with an opportunity to import and sell coffee for a small coffee farm in Mexico
- Ep. 858 - When one man’s love for terrarium building blooms, he uses his marketing skills to make $10,000 and become a “plant influencer”
- Ep. 859 - Leaving the corporate world behind, a mom and military wife now earns 6-figures helping people learn the world of virtual assistance
- Ep. 860 - Two friends create water purification systems that save drinkers from foul chemicals—and save the planet from disposable bottles
- Ep. 861 - A designer with an enthusiasm for both maps and art merges the two to create hand-printed mazes that zig-zag through the hearts of iconic cities
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- This corporate employee turned wedding planner hated seeing young couples struggle with her floral design fee for their weddings, so she creates an alternative option: affordable, DIY wedding bouquets
- When the world of finance and banking proves less alluring than he hoped, this Aussie makes waves by creating his own swimsuit label
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,