Notes from Chris
Episode 841THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 16 of Season III! This week, we featured a cake artist, bike tours in Amsterdam, a NYC dog-walker, and a guitar enthusiast earning $7,000/month in affiliate commissions. In this action-packed recap: a reminder about the only two things you can do to increase income in an existing side hustle or small business, and I’ll bring you an audio update from a previously featured side hustler—she has a report of a fantastic income increase, and she’s going to give you some contrarian advice. But first! For this week only, my publisher is offering the e-book version of SIDE HUSTLE: From Idea to Income in 27 Days for just $1.99 on several popular e-reading formats, including Amazon Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and more.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Heather McConochie who was featured on the show in Ep. 308. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Heather! You can also check out Heather's website, The Positive Thread.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 835 - This pastry chef starts by baking on the side, then grows her hustle into a full-time business selling more than $100,000 worth of wedding and custom cakes a year
- Ep. 836 - After graduating and moving to London, this self taught coder builds a website to help housemates find each other. Fifteen years later, it earns millions of dollars in profit and has hundreds of thousands of members
- Ep. 837 - A traveler’s attempt to pay rent turns into one of Amsterdam’s premier touring companies
- Ep. 838 - A designer reinvents her life and work, starting an eco-friendly line of multiple-use plastics. It’s good for the environment, AND it’s highly profitable
- Ep. 839 - A systems administrator and lifelong guitar player generates thousands per month writing about his musical hobby
- Ep. 840 - A busy college student discovers a way to create his own schedule and make $2,000 a month by walking dogs
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A Canadian Communications Officer and lover of plant-based food starts a meal prep service, earning $2,000 in monthly recurring revenue within her first three months
- When an engineer receives a ridiculously baggy work shirt, he grabs it by the collar and designs a DIY tailoring device. Four years later, he’s sold $150,000 of them
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,