Notes from Chris
Episode 827THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 14 of Season III! This week, we featured a brand of tailor-made teas, two college graduates who start a social media agency, and an epic reselling story of a guy selling headlights and taillights in what is now a six-figure business. On a personal note, I’m also doing a Tough Mudder today with the WDS team. Wish us luck! Follow along on Instagram. In this action-packed recap: I’ll bring you some comments on earning passive income, in addition to a lengthier-than-usual audio update from a previously featured side hustler. These two topics work in tandem.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Jessica Brody who was featured on the show in Ep. 303. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Jessica! You can also check out Jessica's website.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 821 - Today’s featured hustlers were in the first wave of college students to use Facebook. It didn’t take long to see how big it would become—and how much money they could make with it
- Ep. 822 - When two friends find themselves in a turbulent journalism industry that eventually closes its doors to them, they strike out on their own—but not before finding more stable jobs first
- Ep. 823 - A San Diego woman brews her side hustle into a booming tea business by helping customers design custom tea blends
- Ep. 824 - When two training managers notice a lack of diversity in their local art scene, they launch a for-profit, multicultural space for paint parties
- Ep. 825 - An automotive painter discovers a profit center in the scrap bin at work
- Ep. 826 - A college graduate takes a chance pitching design work to YouTube influencers, then turns it into a full-fledged agency earning $10,000/month
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A traveling copywriter develops online yoga courses for people with chronic illnesses
- After working for free doing odd jobs for friends, an insurance agent with a love of Chinese culture carves out a $40,000/year side business
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,