Notes from Chris
Episode 820THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 13 of Season III! This week, we featured tarot cards, an art blog, pins for cocktail lovers, and a woman who solves a highly personal problem involving shapewear and going to the bathroom. All in a week’s work, right? In this action-packed recap: I’ll bring you some further reflections from one of this week’s case studies, in addition to an audio update from a previously featured side hustler. But first! Today is the LAST DAY to sign up for the 30-day Landing Page Challenge. If you’re listening later, a lot of us will be doing the challenge over the next 30 days. It’s all about helping you start or grow a mailing list of your own. The challenge is free and there will be more than $5,000 worth of prizes for the winner.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Nelli Jeloudar, who was featured on the show in Ep. 216. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Nelli! You can also check out Nelli's website at Bundleboon.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 814 - An expat couple captures the spirit of their favorite drinks with punny cocktail pins
- Ep. 815 - Thousands of women struggle to pee while wearing shapewear after a surgery. This side hustler and her product designer husband invent a no-mess solution!
- Ep. 816 - A self-taught manufacturer of home decor transitions her part-time curiosity into a full-time woodworking business
- Ep. 817 - When her initial idea to make chocolate proves to be more challenging than expected, an illustrative Seattleite finds something mystical in her hand-drawn packaging
- Ep. 818 - Jealousy leads to opportunity when a bored graphic designer channels her love of artwork into an online masterpiece
- Ep. 819 - A childhood love of sewing comes in handy for this architect’s side hustle goals later in life
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Two hustlers are part of the first wave of college students to use Facebook, and it doesn’t take long for them to see how big it could become—and how much money they could make with it
- When two friends find themselves in a turbulent journalism industry that eventually closes its doors to them, they strike out on their own—but not before finding more stable jobs first
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,