Notes from Chris
Episode 70LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Michael and David:
- Michael asks what the best way to remove bad habits is and, additionally, how to take on good ones and stay disciplined in order to make your side hustle work. Starting a side hustle can take some adjusting, but it's wise to implement routines before they become more necessary.
- David's question focuses on how to know when to keep at something and when you should give it up to pursue other things. This is a topic I discuss often on my blog, and I'm an advocate for abandoning something if it is no longer working for you. This lesson applies to side hustles as well—know when to keep going and when to change paths or try something new.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 64 - A story of belonging where two men with long hair create a side hustle to serve others like them. I love the tagline of their Hair Ties for Guys: “So cool your girlfriend will steal them.”
- Ep. 65 - Carey's story is the first of more stories to come about how it is still possible to make money writing books or publishing a blog or otherwise creating content and sharing it with an audience you build over time.
- Ep. 66 - The Danger family sets out to travel for 1-2 years. It turns into 5 and they end up making a good living along the way, much to their surprise and counter to their expectations.
- Ep. 67 - A guy who combines the world of taxes and finance to help clients in the evenings.
- Ep. 68 - How a night with friends over drinks leads to a unique idea and a successful side hustle selling t-shirts with huge pockets on the front.
- Ep. 69 - In this episode, Brent proves that it IS possible to make a good living by writing or teaching, especially if it is a form of specialized information.
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. Here's where I'll be next:
- Los Angeles, CA - March 16th
- Denver, CO - March 21st
- San Francisco, CA - April 6th
- Austin, TX - April 8th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Another six-figure t-shirt story using a completely different platform from the one we saw in Ep. 55.
- A story about a woman who creates a tango tour in Argentina.
- How a British pub manager bakes pork pies for profit
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,