Notes from Chris
Episode 687THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 46 of Season II! This week on the show, we featured produce temporary tattoos with zero startup costs, a mother who creates her own version of the puffy coat for plush profits, and a couple of Aussies who make six-figures selling journals that encourage self-care. Speaking of Aussies, this week I’ve been on location in Australia, one of my favorite places in the entire world. While there were a lot of lessons this week, one that stood out the most came in the form of a quote from Alex of Saint Belford in Ep. 683. She said, “How boring would it be if EVERYTHING went exactly to plan and you achieved your goals without any hurdles. The hurdles are what keep things interesting. The hurdles make us better, more resilient versions of ourselves.” It's a great point! But, at the same time, I also believe in saving yourself some trouble... To save yourself some trouble with all of those hurdles, check out today's Weekly Recap.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Jen Glantz, who was featured on the show in Ep. 83. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Jen herself! You can also check out her website, Bridesmaid For Hire.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 681 - When a running joke doesn’t end up running its course, a side hustle seed takes root and begins to grow
- Ep. 682 - It’s unsafe for your child to be in a car seat with a puffy winter coat—but it’s a pain to dress and undress each time you enter the car. This working mother solves the problem
- Ep. 683 - An account manager and her partner develop a self-care diary to help others prioritize health and well-being
- Ep. 684 - When a series of debilitating headaches makes it hard to work full-time, this Dutch A/V engineer diversifies his income to decrease his work hours
- Ep. 685 - A Sacramento-based comic and collectibles owner sparks an interest in reading with a monthly comic book subscription box service
- Ep. 686 - He puts the ‘can’ in cannabis products, finding a pot of gold at the end of a hazy rainbow
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A nouveau-cream wave of ice cream debuts at Coachella, and everyone freaks out
- When a friend needs help writing music for his podcast, this full-time music producer tunes up his side hustle strings
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,