Notes from Chris
Episode 673THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: This week, we had a listener email from Hazel in the UK. Hazel has always been interested in starting her own side hustle, but can't land on an idea that she thinks that people will pay for. She'd love to start something that extends from her background in nutrition, but she's noticed that some of the nutrition businesses that we've talked about on the show are focused on specific diets or trends. Her predicament is that she don't want to create a product—instead, she'd like to create a service, but she feels that the market may already be saturated with glamorous "Instagram ready" individuals who promote very strict diets. To hear my feedback on this topic and more, check out today's Weekly Recap.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Chris Healy, who was featured on the show in Ep. 64. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Chris himself! You can also check out his website, The Longhairs.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 667 - When faced with the possibility of not being able to enjoy his favorite football games, this sports fan creates an app to solve the problem. Four years in, it earns him a full-time income in exchange for 30 minutes of work each week
- Ep. 668 - An injured puppy and a James Brown song gives this Minnesota chocolatier the inspiration to run a private campground for adventurous travelers
- Ep. 669 - Get paid up to $700 each for carving pumpkins?? Only on Side Hustle School: a love of all things Halloween leads two friends to carve out a chunk of seasonal profits
- Ep. 670 - A registered nurse and financial manager start a blog for millennials. After a rough beginning, they figure out their audience and go on to earn tens of thousands of dollars a month
- Ep. 671 - A digital learning consultant turns a lifelong love of music into a YouTube channel for students and teachers
- Ep. 672 - A university employee takes photos of homes, helping real estate agents and getting paid for his efforts
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A chance meeting inspires a couple to start a company that provides packaged treks to Nepal
- When two couples can’t figure out how to get their kids outdoors and away from electronics in the winter, a personal challenge blossoms into an unbeLEAFable side hustle
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,