Notes from Chris
Episode 666THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: When I was going over the notes from this week, I was struck by something that was said by Steve in Ep. 661: "The first would be, if you have a great idea don’t sit on it because everyone’s got a good idea too. It’s the people that actually take action are the ones that can have any sort of success. I will say that people will always doubt you, laugh at your idea. People will tell you that it’s a bad idea. There are other people that will tell you it’s an amazing idea but you really have to listen to your gut, to your intuition, because there are so many people out there who have had good ideas and never do anything about it. As a result they’re stuck in the same position that they’re in." To hear more, check out today's Weekly Recap.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Travis Vengroff, who was featured on the show in Ep. 199. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Travis himself! You can also check out his website, Liberty Endures.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 660 - How one man grew his $46 idea into a six-figure monthly sales machine selling beard oil
- Ep. 661 - In trying to remedy his own workout injuries, this physical therapist invents a portable device to relieve pain. He then patents the device and sells 57,000 of them
- Ep. 662 - This Bay Area transplant started blogging about Napa wines as a creative outlet, but she soon discovered that valley wineries were willing to pay for exposure
- Ep. 663 - With a full-time job and a family of four to support, this job recruiter applies the skills he uses every day to earn additional money on the side
- Ep. 664 - After an initial attempt at baking scones fails to rise, a client services manager combines her passion for ballroom dancing with publishing guides for fellow dance students
- Ep. 665 - Ever wondered how match strikers are made? This chemical analyst figured it out, and now earns $2,000/month from her online shop
- Bonus note: In this episode I referenced a Vice article on how to get a friend out of multilevel marketing. Here's the link.
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- When faced with the possibility of not being able to enjoy his favorite football games, this sports fan creates an app to solve the problem. Four years in, it earns him a full-time income in exchange for 30 minutes of work each week
- Get paid up to $700 each for carving pumpkins?? Only on Side Hustle School: a love of all things Halloween leads two friends to carve out a chunk of seasonal profits
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Logojoy, an online tool that uses artificial intelligence to help you design a beautiful, custom logo.
Try Logojoy today and get 20% off any logo package when you visit logojoy.com/hustle.
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,