Notes from Chris
Episode 645THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Greetings! In this week's Side Hustle School recap, I respond to a listener question from Jerome: "I think I'll be able to execute, but finding good ideas remains difficult. I am more of a jack of all trades, master of none (I work as a corporate finance advisor). The one thing that does really interest me is history. Have you ever heard about a side hustle related to this subject? People won't pay for online history lessons..." I think: where there's a will, there's a way. You'd be surprised at what people will pay for. In fact, we've even featured some lessons of people who get paid for their knowledge of history. To hear more, check out today's Weekly Recap. P.S. I'm running a marathon today! Follow along with my Instagram Stories at @193countries.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: This is a new segment we're trying out with the help of side hustlers that we've featured in the past. Today, we have an update from Dale Janée, who was featured on the show in Ep. 143. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Dale herself! You can also check out her website, Savvy Sleepers.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 639 - From the local farmers market to the kitchens of major tech corporations—this granola recipe isn’t good, it’s grrrrrrr-eat!
- Ep. 640 - For years, she wanted her own side hustle—and she finally uncovered it in a drawer of intimate apparel
- Ep. 641 - Taking advantage of some downtime, this Alberta firefighter picks up a chainsaw and begins carving out life-sized wooden bears. He sells his creations to universities, restaurants, and anyone who wants a unique (and large!) handcrafted item
- Ep. 642 - After a false start with an online course that fails to sell, a DJ in Germany takes a risk with a more controversial product—and finally finds the right beat
- Ep. 643 - A trip to South America inspired this pet supplies manager to launch his own “free” walking tour company
- Ep. 644 - Fall into a hole and don’t come out until your work is complete! These three friends create daylong, distraction-free zones for the masses
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A niche market of photographers who use analog film hasn’t had a one-stop shop for all the supplies they need—at least until this UK sales manager develops one in partnership with his mom and sister
- Yes, really: this Pennsylvania couple rents out 2,000 chickens to people interested in urban homesteading. It’s a side hustle worth clucking about!
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
This week, Side Hustle School is brought to you by Crazy Enough to Work, a popular podcast and film series. 📈
When the rest of the world is still zigging, some companies know when it’s time to zag. Elizabeth Banks has teamed up with State Street Global Advisors to make a series of podcasts and films that uncover the bold moves mid-cap companies make to thrive and survive.
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,