Notes from Chris
Episode 407LISTENER UPDATES & QUESTIONS: Today we have listener updates from Wendy, Kristin, and James, and a listener voicemail from Fatima:
- Wendy: "It took 49 days instead of 27, but I am finally launching my first side hustle! In that time I clarified my product and have a list of 10 related products to launch in the near future. I keep referring back to the “Shopping List” and the Side Hustle School Resource Page to make sure I have everything I need! I can’t wait to share with you how my first launch goes! Have a great week; I know I will! :)"
- Kristin: "I am loving the productivity that comes with reading Side Hustle, and while it's taken me some time, I have already generated $400 this month! I teach dance for a studio on the side, but I've worked out a way to make WAY more money by renting space and doing private sessions. The time I put in is minimal (choreography, which I do anyway, and lining up the studio). I am so excited and launching some pop-up classes when I travel for my day job in other cities—it's great!!! More ideas are pouring out of me as well, but they are not as profitable immediately. Hence, I am focusing on this one right now. Can't wait to read more...I'm only on day 5!"
- Fatima has an idea for a coffee delivery service similar to Uber Eats, but she's having a difficult time marketing it. Here's something based on this scenario that anyone can do—you can either think of your product or service first and then ask, "Okay, where are those customers and how can I find them?" or you can think of your customer first and ask yourself "what do they need?" When you think along those lines, you may find yourself more on the fast track to success!
- James has been considering starting a YouTube video series where he would interview people about the type of profession they've chosen so that others can decide if it's something they'd really be interested in doing.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 401 - After seeing a mean comment on Dolly Parton’s Facebook page, a woman bakes up a hilarious and ironic side hustle
- Ep. 402 - A marketer for the financial industry regains touch with his upbringing and starts a jewelry business that benefits the marine wildlife of his home region
- Ep. 403 - After answering the same questions over and over, this freelance writer opens an online school to help others break into the business
- Ep. 404 - After two friends create a podcast for fun, it turns into a side hustle that generates $100,000 in its first year, multiple six-figures in year two, and a book deal in year three
- Ep. 405 - In need of funds for an adoption, two married teachers consider teaching summer school—but instead of working with the school system, they create their own “brain camp” and earn more than $15,000
- Ep. 406 - It takes a long time to get to market, and success doesn’t come cheap—but this mini-blind “prescription” now earns an extra $15,000 a year for its inventor
Make a plan to start your hustle in 27 days or less!
You need more than one source of income. You need a side hustle. Side Hustle builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
The book is out at a bookstore near you (or purchase it online!)
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A Chicago-based architect makes access to classical literature easier for readers, raising $50,000 on Kickstarter along the way
- After receiving a “lame” marriage proposal, this former contractor sets up shop helping others create memorable proposal stories
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by LinkedIn. 💼
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,