Notes from Chris
Episode 260LISTENER SHOUTOUTS & QUESTIONS: This week we have a listener check in from Braulio and a of listener question from Giovanni:
- Braulio: I just wanted to let you know over the past few months I've listen to side hustle school daily (as well as binge listen to the episodes prior to my discovery of it) and have really been thinking of what to do for my own side hustle. Today I took the plunge. I decided to start my own service to review resumes for students trying to find internships and entry-level jobs from college. I started my own website on Wix and am excited to see what turns out. Currently, I'm finishing my last year of my degree and saw this as a problem with many of my friends and classmates. I'm not sure how successful this will be yet but hope that I can find make some profit to help with extra expenses as a student and as well help some students along the way reach their goals!
- Giovanni: Gio recently graduated and has landed a job in Silicon Valley, but he's already beginning to think of ways that he can create a side hustle. He's always thought about starting a side hustle, but he's never really known how to get started. Recently though, he's gotten an idea to start his own podcast specifically for college students in their junior and senior years. When he was in school he didn't really know what certain jobs entailed or what it took to get them, so he's looking to feature and interview people who have landed various jobs and discuss these topics so that students looking to specialize know which direction they'd like to take. What he's uncertain about is how to get started
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 254 - A Toronto science teacher creates an attachable guitar amplifier that pairs with a smartphone, raising more than $250,000 and appearing on Dragon’s Den
- Ep. 255 - For her first side hustle, a Washington, DC attorney creates an online course for new mothers returning to the world of work—and then finds a way to get employers to pay for it
- Ep. 256 - Two friends get paid to post photos of their lunch on Instagram. No, really!
- Ep. 257 - A construction project manager flies to China and invents a new kind of kayak that folds into its own backpack
- Ep. 258 - Two sisters team up to create a side business with a social good component. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there… are you working on your hustle?
- Ep. 259 - A longtime side hustler finds a way to get paid—a lot—for improving people’s online reputations
Side Hustle Publication Countdown:
In 2 days (September 19th!), my new book, Side Hustle, will launch—and I can’t wait to share it with you!
The book builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
MORE NEWS IS COMING SOON, BUT FOR NOW:
- You can pre-order the book from your choice of retailers including your favorite local bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, or anywhere else you’d prefer. Also, if you pre-order the book, you'll get my 48 Side Hustle Ideas bonus PDF. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to get yours today!
- Join the Street Team and be part of the launch!
- I’ll be doing a 100-city tour throughout the U.S., Canada, U.K., and then eventually the rest of the world. If you represent a company, organization, co-working space, or similar that would like to host an event, let me know.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A fantastic episode about a rogue financial analyst who turns his love of golf into a profitable side hustle that earns recurring, passive income
- How a humanitarian worker in Cambodia discovers the life-changing magic of colorful hammocks and recruits two friends to import them to the U.S.
- And so much more, so stay tuned!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Blue Apron. 👩🍳
Check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals FREE, with free shipping. Get ready to say mmmmmm.
Get Yours Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,