What It's About
An update from a pastry chef making dough during the pandemic.
Notes from Chris
Episode 1517Welcome to Throwback Thursday / “Where are they now?” where we take an in-depth look at someone who’s story has evolved considerably since we first featured them. Last week, we heard about a Wisconsin native who sells coasters, glasses, and other products related to beer. Today, in our latest feature, we’ll hear from a North Carolina pastry chef who grows a retail shop in addition to her personalized wedding cake biz, all in the midst of the global pandemic. It’s an uphill batter… Listen to today's episode to hear Ella's updates...
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Celestial Cakery: Learn more about Ella's decadent success over on her website!
- Check out Ella's newest business, Swirl at their website.
- Not able to place an order, follow their decadent deserts on their Instagram accounts, @celestialcakery and @swirlclt.
- Cake Artist’s Confections Whisk Up Delicious Profits:This pastry chef starts by baking on the side, then grows her hustle into a full-time business selling more than $100,000 worth of wedding and custom cakes a year.
- Bodybuilder Bakes Heavyweight Protein Cakes: This mom of three loved her bodybuilding routine, but not the accompanying diet. After learning to make a healthy, protein-dense cake, she clears the bar to self-made success.
- Internet Trolls Eat Their Words in This Comedic Cake Hustle:After seeing a mean comment on Dolly Parton’s Facebook page, a woman bakes up a hilarious and ironic side hustle.
Download Episodes By Months Season 4 (2020): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 3 (2019): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 2 (2018): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 1 (2017): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC |
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Social media is nice, but building an email list is still the single best way to get customers and clients for your hustle. It's not hard to get started—sign up for a 30-day trial and join the list-building challenge! You’ll be up and running in no time.
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,