What It's About
An update from a caricature artist who also owns a full-time accounting business.
Notes from Chris
Episode 1237Welcome to Throwback Thursday / “Where are they now?” where we take an in-depth look at someone whose story has evolved considerably since we first featured them. Recent segments have featured someone leading urban hiking tours in San Francisco and a guy who sells a lot of hair ties and shampoo to other men with long hair. Today, in our latest feature, we’ll hear from Julia Kelly, one of our very first case studies, a digital caricature artist who also owns another full-time accounting business. How has the global pandemic affected her work? Listen to today's episode to hear Julia's updates...
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Learn more about Julia and her fun sketches at her website, JKExpressions.com.
- When Julia's not live sketching (such as times like these) she's running a bookeeping and accounting business called, Rigits.com.
- Graphic Designer Learns to Draw Caricatures for $250/Hr: How a graphic designer went from $8 an hour to $250 an hour in her side business. She now earns more than $100,000 working part-time—and she has some great advice that applies to a lot of hustles.
- Graphic Designer Sketches Old Homes for New Money: An Australian graphic designer discovers a way to save for a house of her own by drawing the homes of others.
- Mexican Artist Becomes YouTube Superstar With 50 Million Views: An artist uploads a drawing video to YouTube and discovers a massive audience for tutorials, allowing him to pay off debt and make a good living.
Download 2020 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | Download 2019 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2018 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2017 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Social media is nice, but building an email list is still the single best way to get customers and clients for your hustle. It's not hard to get started—sign up for a 30-day trial and join the list-building challenge! You’ll be up and running in no time.
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,