Notes from Chris
Episode 113LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Wyatt, Amanda, and Jane:
- Wyatt has been brainstorming ideas, but he doesn't want to invest in something that isn't going to be feasible long-term. He asks if there's a way to research whether or not an idea is feasible or something that will be in-demand before you get too far down the path.
- Amanda and her boyfriend have already started their side hustle selling a healthy, superfood-based fudge, but now that they've launched, they're looking for ways to create an elevator pitch in order get their product out to there.
- Jane has been inspired by Side Hustle School and is looking for a side hustle of her very own, but she doesn't feel that she has the kind of skills necessary to start many of the side hustles we've featured on the show. She's looking for side hustles that cater to those "regular folk" out there without technological or artistic skills.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 107 - A New England engineer earns a part-time income of more than $1,000 a month by helping people reconnect through personal touch
- Ep. 108 - How a swimsuit model uses her strong industry connections and social media savvy to launch a high-end shopping site taking on major swimwear companies and bringing in $5 million a year
- Ep. 109 - Healthy meal planning can be rough, but one man is on a mission to help people be more health-conscious with his subscription-based website selling meal prep recipes. This episode is also a testiment to the power of mastering SEO and using it in your side hustle
- Ep. 110 - A lifelong crafter who makes jewelry to cope with the stress of working in the mental health field launches an Etsy store and uses her strong marketing skills to get her items featured on several major TV shows
- Ep. 111 - After witnessing the struggles that many students have with one of college’s most challenging subjects, a chemist creates a blog selling study guides and ebooks to help bridge the gap. He also brings in six-figures a year
- Ep. 112 - A Nashville insurance executive who hates exercising opens a gym modeled on working out for only 10 minutes at a time.
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Chicago, IL - May 4th
- Boston, MA - May 6th
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A tea subscription service that delivers high-quality tea blends right to your door.
- How a graphic designer turns a trying time in her life into an incredibly successful $80k side hustle helping others be the best version of themselves that they can be.
- A photographer who uses his graphic design skills to create amazing Star Wars themed cosplay shoots!
- Another Extended Cut episode focusing on how you can create your own Simple Marketing Plan
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,