What It's About
Our first Throwback Thursday episode features updates from a musician who creates online resources to learn jazz.
Notes from Chris
Episode 1111Welcome to something new! We’re calling it Throwback Thursday (TBT) / “Where are they now?” and we’re going to an in-depth look at someone who’s story has evolved considerably since we first featured them. The project is a suite of online resources to learn jazz. It began as a hobbyist blog and is now a booming multiple six-figure business. Brent’s project was interesting in lots of ways. One unique way is that this is one of the few projects we’ve ever featured where the featured side hustler didn’t start the project but rather took it over from a friend who didn’t have much time to devote to it. We first featured Brent LONG ago in the first year of the show (Episode #69), and then once more in the 100 SIDE HUSTLES book. So here we are two years later, checking in… Listen to today's episode to hear Brent's updates...
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Learn more about Brent and his business, Learn Jazz Standards at his website and check out his YouTube Channel and podcast.
- Learn more about Brent's newest project, Passive Income Musician.
- Ep. 69 - NYC Jazz Musician Builds $40,000/Year Blog: A musician finds financial freedom by growing a blog and starting an e-course teaching other people how to play jazz.
- Ep. 938 - Hawaiian Native Teaches Virtual Ukulele Lessons: A Hawaiian goes all-in on the popular instrument of the islands, touring Europe and teaching virtual lessons by Skype.
- Ep. 502 - Part-Time Music Teacher Tunes Up Piano School to $100,000/Year: A music teacher learns to subcontract her piano lessons, radically increasing her annual income.
Download 2019 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2018 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC Download 2017 episodes: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Social media is nice, but building an email list is still the single best way to get customers and clients for your hustle. It's not hard to get started—sign up for a 30-day trial and join the list-building challenge! You’ll be up and running in no time.
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,