Notes from Chris
Episode 953THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 32 of Season III! This week, we featured a Nashville Lyft driver who earns an extra $1,000/month storing luggage for her passengers, a travel blogger who focuses on content for travelers with Type 1 Diabetes, a story detailing how couples counseling money leads to an international whisky brand, and more. This week, we'll chat about my recent conversation with CBS This Morning, and I’ll give you my opinion on why health coaches may need to be certified. But it’s not just “what I think” so much as it is “here’s something to be aware of” if you’re in the field of health coaching, broadly speaking. Listen to the Weekly Recap to learn more on this topic and to hear from a side hustler we featured in our second year!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Andrew Tarvin who was featured on the show in Ep. 364. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Andrew! You can also check out his website, Humor That Works!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 947 - A British fashionista turns £20 into £2,000/month flipping her vintage thread finds online
- Ep. 948 - This Lyft driver hated seeing her customers cart their luggage all over Nashville. It looked exhausting… and like a great opportunity to cash in on the tourism market
- Ep. 949 - A couple’s travel blog becomes a resource for other travelers with type 1 diabetes
- Ep. 950 - Fed up with a lack of vegan options in New Jersey, two women help plant-based food festivals take root in the Garden State
- Ep. 951 - A casting producer for NBC’s “The Voice” curates indie concerts on the side to create experiences and profits
- Ep. 952 - A graphic designer falls in love with scotch—building an international whisky brand with money she’d originally saved for couples counseling
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Tired of seeing others get credit for her designs, a Georgia graphic designer turns her talents into a business that now employs her whole family
- When a sports blogger creates an accidental success story, he becomes an independent publisher helping people write winning books of their own
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,