Notes from Chris
Episode 890THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 23 of Season III! This week, we featured a juice bar owner that sells weighted blankets (earning hundreds of thousands of dollars), a designer who leads guided sailing tours in the Mediterranean (and I want to sign up…), a personal finance blogger who works from a 180 sq ft Airstream trailer … and so much more! In other news, I’ve been on the road!! It's week one for the 100 Side Hustles book tour, and I’m so excited to be able to share stories with a live audience again. Next week I’ll be in New York City, Boston, SF, and Portland, Oregon. Head on over to the tour page to see where I'm headed! In this action-packed recap: I want to talk about something important: insecurity, vulnerability, and the dreaded imposter syndrome. If these topics resonate with you, know that you're not alone—I hear about this ALL the time! I’ll also bring you an audio update from a previously featured side hustler.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Linda Trieu who was featured on the show in Ep. 355. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Linda! You can also check out her website, Three Hearts Apparel!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 884 - A graphic designer packs his bags to see the world, then stumbles into a new line of work leading guided sailing tours
- Ep. 885 - When a Canadian juice bar owner wants to start a new business, he goes in search of a heavy-weight product
- Ep. 886 - A graphic designer pursues his lifelong passion of magic and lands a gig as a resident magician at a local bar
- Ep. 887 - In search of an eco-friendly, no-added-sugar energy bar, this Colorado transplant and EPA employee invents his own “energy bites.” The product is now stocked in 175 stores spread across nine states
- Ep. 888 - After spending six months designing an un-be-leaf-able indoor gardening unit, an energy scientist turns to crowdfunding to bring it to life
- Ep. 889 - An engineer charts a new career teaching personal finance, all while living on the road in an Airstream travel trailer
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A mom and “kidpreneur” daughter solve the age-old problem of disappearing hair bows by inventing a double-face, double-snap barrette
- Two enterprising students start a business that connects advertisers with car owners. They now pay thousands of drivers up to $500/month, and are on track to earn $5 million in revenue
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,