Notes from Chris
Episode 834THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 15 of Season III! This week, we featured a 10-year quest for must-have mustard, a 7-figure, curly hair brush empire, and a woman who starts her own series of boutique hotels as a side hustle with no outside funding. As you've come to learn listening to the show, anything really is possible! In this action-packed recap: I want to talk about why you’re worth more than you’re paid in your job, how to calculate the value of your time (here's an hourly rate calculator that you can use for free!), and bring you an audio update from a previously featured side hustler.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Jack Bramhall who was featured on the show in Ep. 280. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Jack! You can also check out Jack's website.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 828 - A traveling copywriter develops online yoga courses for people with chronic illnesses
- Ep. 829 - When a young couple takes a trip to Ireland, they experience the deliciousness of house-made mustard for the first time. After returning to the U.S, they spend years crafting the perfect recipe
- Ep. 830 - After working for free doing odd jobs for friends, an insurance agent with a love of Chinese culture carves out a $40,000/year side business
- Ep. 831 - Hoping to work the tangles out of her kids’ morning routine, a Colorado mom creates her own solution to the struggles that come with having curly hair
- Ep. 832 - A Los Angeles based TV and magazine writer writes himself into a role of memorable audio interviews
- Ep. 833 - She’d stayed in her share of iffy and icky Airbnbs, and wondered why there wasn’t a better service for boutique, well-designed homes. Now there is
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After graduating and moving to London, this self taught coder builds a website to help housemates find each other. Fifteen years later, it earns millions of dollars in profit and has hundreds of thousands of members
- A systems administrator and lifelong guitar player generates thousands per month writing about his musical hobby
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,