Notes from Chris
Episode 813THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 12 of Season III! This week, we featured a rosary bead hustle, 50 shades of editing romance novels, a series of pizza parlor tours in Chicago, and more. This episode also comes to you live from Thailand, where I’m working on location for the rest of the week. In today's recap: I’ll bring you TWO audio updates from previously featured case studies. Both of them are people who experienced major changes in their side hustle, one of them in the form of a partnership and the other whose hustle needs to close. What can we take away from these two stories?
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have TWO updates! One from Miraya Berke, who was featured on the show in Ep. 284 and another from Shahan Fancy, who was featured on the show in Ep. 277. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Miraya and Shahan! You can also check out Miraya's website at Dessert Goals and Shahan's website at Shave Valet.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 807 - A stay-at-home mom’s prayers are answered when she begins to earn a full-time income making and selling rosary beads
- Ep. 808 - A corporate recruiter pursues a steamy side business editing romance novels
- Ep. 809 - A Chicago food reporter launches weekly pizza tours, showing Windy City visitors that there’s more to life than just deep-dish
- Ep. 810 - Many of this freelancer’s clients all suffered from the same frustrations. They needed more time and fewer headaches—so she started a project to help them build productive systems
- Ep. 811 - A Colorado artist utilizes Instagram and wholesale relationships to grow his following and bank account with unique designs. When his first attempt to go full-time ends in frustration, he regroups for a second attempt
- Ep. 812 - A New Zealander’s artistic side hustle encourages nostalgia while providing extra income and a creative outlet
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- An expat couple captures the spirit of their favorite drinks with punny cocktail pins
- Thousands of women struggle to pee while wearing shapewear after a surgery. This side hustler and her product designer husband invent a no-mess solution!
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,