Notes from Chris
Episode 792THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 9 of Season III! We had a $0 startup story yesterday and a $400 story on Monday. Pretty much every week or two at the most we have someone who starts their income-generating project without spending any money whatsoever. On Monday, the college student who started a clothes reselling business really didn’t have any money, and the way he got his $400 in startup capital (to buy 30 shirts for resale) was by opening a credit card at Macy’s with a $400 limit, all of which he promptly spent on the shirts. Then, a week later, he doubled his money, and got to keep one of the shirts for himself—his original goal. This project went on to become a six-figure business as he transitioned into an image consultant. Creative thinking can take you far ... but of course, only when it’s combined with action. You can’t just have the idea to buy 30 shirts and sell them for twice as much as you paid. You actually have to try it. In today’s recap: We'll talk about eight ways that you can use to save time, and of course, we'll have an audio update from a previously featured story... this one is all about Sign Hustles.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Pierce Marr, who was featured on the show in Ep. 126. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Pierce himself! You can also check out his website, Pierce Marrs.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 786 - A broke college student learns to buy and resell designer clothes, then transitions the business into a high-end fashion consultancy. He now earns six figures annually!
- Ep. 787 - This heating and air company sales rep had all but given up on his childhood love of woodworking. But after a six-year break and a random Instagram post, he found his interest rekindling
- Ep. 788 - A project manager makes a big move to host retreats from her new ranch
- Ep. 789 - An Australian graphic designer discovers a way to save for a house of her own by drawing the homes of others
- Ep. 790 - A teenager learns online marketing techniques by watching YouTube, then goes on to manage ad campaigns of up to $50,000/month
- Ep. 791 - After helping out her sister, this Nebraska advertising agency employee learns that her creative skills are far from stationary
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After chasing her dreams of being an actress, this soap opera star charts a new course as an organizational maven
- He loved making his family’s recipe of Mexican pozole soup ... but it took a long time and there were no options to speed it up. Could he create one?
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,