Notes from Chris
Episode 784THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 8 of Season III! I mentioned a while back that I’ve been hearing from listeners asking for help staying on track. After the recent Side Hustle Society launch, I got an idea. I immediately made a bunch of notes and sent them off to our team. In a true test of accountability, I’m telling you now that this project will be happening in less than a month even though we don’t have everything ready on our end yet. If you have an idea for a project, you might want to be thinking about it. In today’s recap: I'll share more about the Side Hustle Bootcamp, and we'll touch on a concept I like to call "The Reverse Bucket List."
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Jason Lautenschleger, who was featured on the show in Ep. 243. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Jason himself! You can also check out his website, Game Night in a Can.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 779 - A British millennial keeps her savings in an old-fashioned piggy bank … until it’s stolen! Upon recovering from the loss, she invents an all new career
- Ep. 780 - After years of dealing with chronic pain, an athlete discovers the magic of CBD oil—then teams up with his sister to become a ringside evangelist for it
- Ep. 781 - After feeling mistreated at work, this workforce development expert regroups and plans her escape
- Ep. 782 - Three women create a community to connect girls with caregivers while exploring topics about body image, STEM, and creativity. It’s not a charity; it’s a for-profit, social enterprise
- Ep. 783 - A mortgage specialist mixes her love for baking into a sugary, profitable side hustle
- Ep. 784 - A woman creates an Etsy store to market her wood-burned artistry wares, specializing in custom, handcrafted drumsticks
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A project manager makes a big move to host retreats from her new ranch
- A teenager learns online marketing techniques by watching YouTube, then goes on to manage ad campaigns of up to $50,000/month
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,