Notes from Chris
Episode 757THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Earlier this week, we relaunched the Side Hustle Society, an online community and support center for people like you who are trying to make progress on their goals. We’ve been welcoming a lot of new members, and I'm excited to see what happens with their projects! If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, come take a look and see what it’s all about! Right now there’s a special offer with low monthly pricing where you can get two free months when joining for a year. That special offer ends this week on Tuesday night. In today’s recap: a big announcement and an audio update from a cat portrait artist we featured in year one—listen to today's Weekly Recap to learn more!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Sarah Miller, who was featured on the show in Ep. 223. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Sarah herself! You can also check out her website, sarahpaintspets.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 751 - Recognizing his own need for accountability, an executive coach develops a tool to allow people who work alone to overcome procrastination
- Ep. 752 - Arriba! A father of four starts a marimba flipping business to fund child’s tuition
- Ep. 753 - When her favorite candle shop leaves town, a Portland woman lights the way and starts her own
- Ep. 754 - His first 25 side hustles failed … but on his 26th attempt, this software engineer ends up replicating the income from his day job
- Ep. 755 - When two nurses discover the cash potential hidden in your toddler’s toy chest, they trade in their scrubs for Play-Doh and Frozen figurines … bringing in six-figures their first year
- Ep. 756 - What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world but not sell any t-shirts? This designer cast his bread upon the waters and ended up with a profitable fashion line
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Two teachers create a multi-tasking tote bag from scratch, building it into a six-figure business in just six months
- A British teacher turns wit and sarcasm about his job into an expansion card deck for the popular Cards Against Humanities game
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Skillshare. 📷
Skillshare is giving Side Hustle School listeners 2 months of unlimited access—for $0.99! Join the 2 million students learning everything from street photography to SEO on Skillshare today!
Get Started Here!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,