Notes from Chris
Episode 708THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: How many Black Friday/Cyber Monday/"on sale now" promotional emails did you get over the past couple weeks? I think I lost count at 100+, including many from lists I had never subscribed to. 😠📩 Still, there is a place for the right email marketing. If you don't have an email list of your own, you're missing out. To learn more about this and everything else, check out today's Weekly Recap!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Danielle Fang, who was featured on the show in Ep. 84. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Danielle herself! You can also check out her website, Essa Group.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 702 - After completing 30 years of service in the Air Force, a veteran who struggles with OCD opens a special kind of candy shop
- Ep. 703 - It starts as a creative gift for his wife, but this tabletop game ends up making a lot of other people happy
- Ep. 704 - “Why can’t dress shoes look great and perform well at the same time?” This runner and industrial designer was irritated, so he set out to find the sole solution
- Ep. 705 - When several friends and colleagues discover the consumer craze over Korean face masks, they team up to create their own subscription box side hustle
- Ep. 706 - “Have algorithm, will side hustle”: These financial traders applied their career know-how to a completely different industry. They’re now earning $5,000/month in affiliate commissions
- Ep. 707 - A director at a non-profit college of music creates an e-commerce site selling greeting cards with a twist
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After relocating to Tennessee from Canada, a restless homemaker creates an online farmers market, delivering produce to more than 200 homes a week
- He started creating webcomics back in 2003. Little did he know this labor of love would eventually turn into a $10,000 per event side hustle
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,