Notes from Chris
Episode 680THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: We’ve just finished week 45 of Season II! This week on the show featured zombie apocalypse preparation, voter turnout postcards, and a Himalayan trekking company that comes together when a guy in Nashville meets a Nepalese sherpa who happens to be his Lyft driver. I’m now on location in Hong Kong, probably my most frequently visited international city. When we first started the Extended Cut series in early 2017, I remember going on a walk here (from the same hotel) and making notes before coming back to record. These days I’m not traveling as much overall, but I do still get around. To hear about being in the right place at the right time, check out today's Weekly Recap.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Today, we have an update from Steve Smith, who was featured on the show in Ep. 203. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Steve himself! You can also check out his website, 2Puggles.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 674 - To survive the end of civilization, listen to this episode
- Ep. 675 - After writing hundreds of postcards to voters, this freelancer designs her own sets for sale. In the first year, she sells $60,000 of them
- Ep. 676 - Two friends want to help Boston’s artists bring their arts and crafts to the world—so they create a shop to help them showcase their wares, give talks, and connect with the history of the city
- Ep. 677 - A chance meeting inspires a couple to start a company that provides packaged treks to Nepal
- Ep. 678 - When two couples can’t figure out how to get their kids outdoors and away from electronics in the winter, a personal challenge blossoms into an unbeLEAFable side hustle
- Ep. 679 - Wanting to get out of debt, a college student pays off a $4,000 student loan by buying and reselling classic video games
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A chance meeting inspires a couple to start a company that provides packaged treks to Nepal
- When two couples can’t figure out how to get their kids outdoors and away from electronics in the winter, a personal challenge blossoms into an unbeLEAFable side hustle
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by American Express.
No matter what you do in business, from working nine-to-five to working five-to-nine, it’s easier when you don’t go it alone. Get the powerful backing of American Express—don't do business without it! 💳
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,