Notes from Chris
Episode 540THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: In today's recap, I want to tell you about two productivity tools that I've been using recently. One is an app, and the other is more of a resource or methodology.
- Be Focused App - This app sets a timer that allows you to focus your time on a specific task. I use the pro version which is only $3 in the Apple iOS store and $5 for the desktop version. They also have a free version that you can check out before you take the plunge!
- The Time Makeover Guide - This second resource is more of a concept of tracking your time. Laura has done a lot of research on this, and her philosophy is that even if you're busy, you have more time than you think. And furthermore, if you pay attention to how you spend your time, you can identify patterns, make adjustments, and spend more time focusing on the things that matter most to you. (Also, here's a link to Laura's book, 168 Hours!)
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 534 - When two best friends are transformed by affirmations, they bring the love to families and children with empowering products
- Ep. 535 - He wanted to start a side business and put his engineering degree to good use. When he stumbled across two 1950s radios, he found an idea that was right on his wavelength
- Ep. 536 - Those long credit sequences at the ends of movies can include a LOT of names—and they also take a lot of time for producers to coordinate. When two industry friends team up to simplify the process, they crawl their way to a highly profitable side hustle.
- Ep. 537 - A product manager for an app development company gets nostalgic and creates an all-natural cotton candy catering biz
- Ep. 538 - A successful children’s book author pivots from making book trailers to coaching other authors. Along the way she learns to grow her business and spend more time with family
- Ep. 539 - A young marketing director by day and professional makeup artist by weekend creates a side hustle that could make anyone blush
Join me at the World Domination Summit!
Have you heard of the World Domination Summit? This is a gathering of awesome people—an event that I've been hosting together with an amazing team in Portland, OR every summer for the past eight years.
WDS 2018 is finally happening this week (June 26th-July 2nd), and we'll be welcoming people from over 30 different countries. With inspiring keynote speakers, a week full of activities and attendee-led meetups, and two incredible parties, you won't want to miss it!
We've sold out of out 360, main stage experience, but you can still get a Connect ticket over on our website. Get your ticket to this incredible, once a year event! We promise that it's unlike anything you've ever experienced before.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A full-time personal trainer takes her ‘breakfast of champions’ to the next level with pancakes that put the ‘pro’ in protein
- After marrying a woman who was born deaf, an actor and musician starts a side hustle captioning theater performances
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,