Notes from Chris
Episode 526THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Let's talk about something very important: earning your first $500! In case you didn't know, one of the guidelines for being featured on the show is that a hustler be bringing in at least $500/month from their side hustle. A lot of them go on to make a lot more than that, but that's our minimum standard. And it's my goal for you, the listener, to create something that brings you in at least $500/month. In today's recap, we'll delve more into this topic of the importance of origin stories and making your first $500—listen to the Weekly Recap to learn more! LISTENER CHECK-INS + QUESTIONS: This week, we received a listener voicemail from Tyler:
- Tyler has a few questions about starting up his side hustle. He's starting veterinary school in the fall, and he's considering creating a resource or mentorship for other students looking to get into veterinarian school. But, he's worried that he won't be viewed as credible since he's not a veterinarian, just a veterinarian student.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 520 - After a civil engineer learns the ropes of using Fulfilled by Amazon, he moves to Bali with his wife, builds an extension to help him find products, and turns what he's learned into a business that employs 100 people and serves 100,000 users
- Ep. 521 - He’d always dreamed of making a million dollars–but could he achieve it selling his services for just $5? Thanks to a penchant for naming things, he’s well on his way
- Ep. 522 - Backpacks that bring fashion to the mountains earn a Colorado couple an additional $2,500 a month while also feeding the homeless
- Ep. 523 - Two midwestern food market vendors collaborate on pastries, trade shows, a membership community, and more
- Ep. 524 - A Washingtonian carries her passion for sustainability on her sleeve with a line of eco-friendly grocery bags
- Ep. 525 - When a corporate employee is told she can’t take a big trip because of her daughter, she starts a company to make travel more accessible
Join me at the World Domination Summit!
Have you heard of the World Domination Summit? This is a gathering of awesome people—an event that I've been hosting together with an amazing team in Portland, OR every summer for the past eight years.
WDS 2018 is coming up at the end of the month (June 26th-July 2nd), and we'll be welcoming people from over 30 different countries. With inspiring keynote speakers, a week full of activities and attendee-led meetups, and two incredible parties, you won't want to miss it!
This is our final wave of main stage tickets so visit our website to get your ticket to this incredible, once a year event! We promise that it's unlike anything you've ever experienced before.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A dog lover learns to bake and sell superfood dog treats, earning $3,000/month with just $3,000 in startup costs
- An “involuntary sabbatical” prompts this Polish marketer to investigate the possibilities of apple-based vodka
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,