Here's a fun exercise: make a list of all the ways you spend your time when you have a choice about it.
If the day was completely open and you had no obligations, what would you do?
The best way to start your hustle is not usually to “follow your passion.” But it is true that many successful hustles come from digging a bit deeper into something you enjoy, and then finding a way to create value in that for everyone else.
Note: We recently announced four more Side Hustle School workshops: Austin, Denver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. I'd love to see you there!
Sign Up Here
Sign Up Here
Our listener questions for this week come to us from Robert Lindley and Claire Camp:
- Rob and his wife have been exploring the world of network marketing and were curious how it compared to some of the other side hustles we've featured on the show.
- When looking for a gift for her mom who enjoys throwing ceramics, Claire found that there weren't really any websites devoted to reviewing products. She got the idea to try and start her own, but she's struggling to find affordable content writing.
Listen to the Weekly Recap for a more comprehensive look at this week's Listener Q&A. Also, if you have a question you'd like answered, send me a voice message. Your question may be featured on the show!
Highlights From This Week
Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel!
- Ep. 43 - Shaunta identified a deep desire that a lot of people have, and connected with her audience setting herself up as an authority in writing. She was incredibly successful and brought in over $100,000 within her first year!
- Ep. 44 - Adam increased his income from $1,000 to $2,000 to $3,000 a month not by changing what he offered, but by shifting how he offered it. He did this by split-testing different parts of his offer and CTA, then adjusting to feature the winning results
- Ep. 45 - Starting an online project is easy compared to working with overseas factories to manufacturing clothing, but this was a mission for Madhavi, the designer featured in this story
- Ep. 46 - You may not want to replicate this drop-ship reselling experiment yourself, but it is pretty creative.
- Ep. 47 - Scott decided to make a physical product based off intellectual property that he didn’t even own. He asked for forgiveness rather than permission, and did it in a way that was attractive to the Gallup company
- Ep. 48 - Tina created a personal challenge to illustrate every day, which turned into a physical product that earned a very significant income that matched what she earned at her job
GET $625 IN FREE TRAVEL
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
CREATE YOUR ONLINE STORE
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,