Notes from Chris
Episode 274LISTENER SHOUTOUTS: This week we have listener check ins from Brittany and Valerie:
- Brittany: Hello! I heard Chris speak this past week and have basically devoured Side Hustle. I had NO idea what the contents would inspire, and I am now 3 hours away from my launch of a new program inspired by this book and Chris. (All within 48 hours of the book purchase!) I just wanted to say thank you. Very excited to see what comes in the next 48 hours of my life since the past 48 have been so epic.
- Valerie: Hi Chris! Thanks so much for the NY event last night. I really enjoyed it and wanted to take a moment to let you know that I'm feeling quite inspired. I'm the woman at the very end of the book signing line who is working on the online event planning toolkit. I thought you would like to know that I took your words to just start even though things are not quite ready. Although the Event Toolkit isn't completed, I told several people about it last night and lo and behold, I got a private coaching client. I'm very excited, and I hope to be able to send you something about a successful outcome of my side hustle in the near future. All the very best with your new book—I love it. Thanks again!! Also, speaking of tour stops—have you seen the Good Morning America feature from my stop in my hometown of Portland? Watch it here!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 268 - It begins as a product for Orthodox Jewish women. It goes on to serve cancer patients, Broadway performers, and drag queens, earning “fringe benefits” and $4,000/month
- Ep. 269 - A childhood love of archery becomes a lifelong adult side business
- Ep. 270 - After returning to Canada following a stint in Argentina, this eager student creates a language-learning platform that earns $350,000 in year one
- Ep. 271 - Two freelance writers use their wit with words to write wedding vows for tongue-tied brides, grooms, and sometimes even the best man
- Ep. 272 - A PR consultant in Long Beach, California, earns an extra $20,000/year producing an annual “restaurant week” that brings together chefs and new diners
- Ep. 273 - Two college friends create StudyBox, a care package for all those late-night cram session needs
Make a plan to start your hustle in 27 days or less!
You need more than one source of income. You need a side hustle. Side Hustle builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
The book is out at a bookstore near you (or purchase it online!), and I'm also about to start the second week of my 100-city book tour! Today, I'm over the pond in London for my stop at WeWork Paddington on the 3rd (join me!), and I hope to see you on the road! Here's where I'll be next:
- Atlanta, GA - October 6th
- Miami, FL - October 7th
- Phoenix, AZ - October 8th
- Chicago, IL - October 9th
Don’t See Your City? Use the form at the bottom of this page, and let me know where I should go next! I’ll use your input to decide on future book tour stops. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- After spotting an unusual watch design while on vacation in Aruba, an enterprising teen and his friend go on to hustle their way to making five-figures
- An American teaching in Taiwan tells tales of foreign lands, packaging them in a series of books for children back home
- And so much more, so stay tuned!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Wordpress.com! Whether you’re looking to create a personal blog, business site, or both—you’ll make a big impact, when you build your website on WordPress.com. 💻
Get 15% off when you build your website with Wordpress.com—use promo code PODCAST when you check out.
Get Started Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,