What It's About
A resourceful physician assistant helps others on their path to becoming PAs.
Words of Wisdom
Do you work in a profession that is competitive at all, or has some sort of gatekeeper or restrictive process to entry? There is value in decoding that process for others, and it could be true in a lot of fields from something like medical professions to any kind of union work. Basically, anything that requires certification.
If you do work in a field like this, consider how that process be made easier, quicker, or just more efficient for someone else who wants to enter it?
Savanna has been able to connect with brands and do some sponsored posts for scrubs and medical equipment that her readers would be interested in, so she truly feels the opportunities with online business are endless.
Notes from Chris
Today’s story comes from Savanna Perry in Augusta, Georgia. By day, she’s a physician assistant in the field of dermatology, helping around 30 patients a day with skin conditions. Her side hustle is The PA Platform, a website that’s a resource for those interested in becoming PAs themselves. In addition to free blog content, Savanna offers mock interviews, personalized assessments for aspiring students and a review of applications. Savanna started the site to fit a need—when she was a student, she couldn’t always find the information she was looking for about her future job, so once she graduated, she decided to provide it to others. She’d already done a ton of researching using every possible resource when applying for school, so it was relatively easy to take the knowledge she’d gained to help others. Savanna worked hard on getting content on her site to improve her SEO and rank high in Google. She shares her weekly blog posts on different platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Reddit and does monthly webinars on YouTube. She’s also made connections with other bloggers and PAs who are on social media and has grown her site to 20,000 monthly visitors without any paid ads. In her first year, Savanna made about $4,000, minus the cost of the website ($200). She tripled that in the following 10 months, and her costs were only $700 for her email and scheduling software.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The PA Platform: Learn more about Savanna's PA coaching services on her website
- Wordpress: Savanna used Wordpress in the first iteration of her website, and here you can learn how to install your own Wordpress site in 5 minutes!
- SquareSpace: Savanna decided to switch to Squarespace because she felt it was more intuitive
- ConvertKit: The email carrier that Savanna used for her mailing list, and right now, you can get your first month free!
- Acuity Scheduling: The online appointment scheduling software that Savanna used for The PA Platform
- SEO 101: If you're looking to launch your own online presence, here's a Beginner's Guide to SEO
- Organic Chemist Earns Six Figures Blogging for Pre-Med Students: After witnessing the struggles that many students have with one of college’s most challenging subjects, a chemist creates a blog to help bridge the gap in knowledge
- Australian Hacker Creates Passive Income Anatomy Course: A web developer develops an audio system that helps medical students memorize human anatomy. Seven years later, it still produces $800/month in profit
Download Episodes By Months: Season 6 (2022): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 5 (2021): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 4 (2020): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 3 (2019): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 2 (2018): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC | Season 1 (2017): JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC |
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Want to build any kind of website for your hustle? If so, you'll need somewhere to host it! This is the reliable company I've used for my past 5 websites. It's cheap, flexible, and you can get support 24 hours a day.
Get your own hosting plan for just $2.49 a month!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Blue Apron. 👩🍳
Check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals FREE, with free shipping. Get ready to say mmmmmm.
Get Yours Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,