Notes from Chris
Episode 99LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Debby, Matt, and Dionne:
- Debby has started a blog, and she's looking for tips to help her find traffic and target the right kind of audience.
- Matt is looking to develop a product to sell on etsy, but he's not sure how to license intellectual property so that he can use portions of images owned by corporations on those designs.
- Dionne would like to know how she can set herself up for success from the very beginning.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 93 - The story behind how an innovative salesman named Jeffrey created a baby harness that helps parents teaching their children how to walk, all the while creating a six-figure side income for himself.
- Ep. 94 - One of my favorite social good stories about a woman in D.C. who helps others become American citizens. Her story is also a great example of how starting a profitable side hustle—while giving back—is entirely within reach.
- Ep. 95 - An example of a complimentary side hustle featuring a leather craftsman who starts his hustle selling handmade leather products after being inspired by working at a tannery.
- Ep. 96 - A corporate employee in Texas enters the online world of calligraphy and hand-lettering, and changes it along the way to suit her strengths.
- Ep. 97 - A stay-at-home mother starts a podcast about essential oils and pulls her family off government assistance.
- Ep. 98 - How five minutes of internet research inspired one couple to start an in-home pilates studio in their unfinished basement.
Subscribe Now For A Free Five Step Tutorial
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. I just wrapped up a sold out workshop in Austin, and we just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Chicago, IL - May 4th
- Boston, MA - May 6th
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- How a man from New York City turns a forgettable date into a $2 million renegade museum tour guide hustle
- The story behind how an expat living in Japan ended up creating a Japanese candy subscription service that brings in $15,000/month
- A 365-day photo project that transitions into a hustle teaching small business owners how to create videos using their smartphones
- A "madly" brilliant scientist who publishes a science fiction magazine that provides him with a sustainable income of $1,800/month, funded largely by his readers
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,