Notes from Chris
Episode 624THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Today's update includes an anonymous comment from someone who had a very successful crowdfunding campaign. The campaign raised more than $100,000... but his business is struggling to maintain momentum just a few months later. Crowdfunding can be a wonderful tool for launching a product, but it’s not a business model on its own. You need to ask yourself: what will you do after the hype dies down? To hear more, check out today's Weekly Recap!
WHERE ARE THEY NOW: This is a new segment we're trying out with the help of side hustlers that we've featured in the past. Today, we have an update from Scott Mackes, who was featured on the show in Ep. 47. Listen to the Weekly Recap to hear from Scott himself! You can also check out his website, Strengths Mugs.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 618 - Before the boom of online shopping, this bird lover struggled to find quality products for her feathery friends. She decides to take flight herself, earning up to $250,000/year reselling supplies. Squawk!
- Ep. 619 - A London receptionist rents out his photography equipment on a peer-to-peer sharing site… over and over and over
- Ep. 620 - Two sisters living in New York City relive their childhood memories and create a personalized board game, earning $16,500 in the first four months
- Ep. 621 - After using puppets to make sign language videos for her toddlers, an educator stumbles upon an underserved market
- Ep. 622 - After making a simple change to the color of her custom-image rubber ink stamps, this interior designer and mother-of-three from Texas began earning $5,000 a month
- Ep. 623 - Love the idea of a romantic evening, but don’t have the time to plan it? These best friends from Florida will take care of everything for you
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and around 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A decade-long “marathon distance” project earns six-figures in affiliate commissions for this patient runner
- After hosting a popular Super Bowl party, a St. Louis salesman brings his fiery-hot, yet extra-flavorful hot sauce to the market
- And much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,