Notes from Chris
Episode 442LISTENER QUESTIONS: Today we have a listener voicemail from McKenna:
- McKenna has been listening to the show for a few months, and she's finally landed on a side hustle idea! Her question—how do you determine a price point (or price points) for your product or service. She's launching a side hustle catering to high school to college-aged women, and she's trying to determine prices that would be attractive to that market. If you're also interested in learning more about how to price your product or service, check out Extended Cut #7!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 436 - A school teacher earns an extra $1,000 a month placing pink flamingos in neighbors’ yards. Yes, really!
- Ep. 437 - Dark winter days were no match for four Dutch friends looking to spark meaningful conversations
- Ep. 438 - A call center supervisor leans into his passion for pickleball, discovers a need for skilled tournament managers, and launches a $40,000/yr side hustle
- Ep. 439 - The next time you need a Swarovski-covered crystal bikini for a fitness competition (or just a walk to Starbucks), this engineer has got you covered. Strike a pose!
- Ep. 440 - Toronto book lover uses her extensive experience to teach the art of proofreading, bringing in an additional $2,000 a month
- Ep. 441 - A freelance designer creates a publishing company to produce and collaborate on books for female creatives
Join me at the World Domination Summit!
Have you heard of the World Domination Summit? This is a gathering of awesome people—an event that I've been hosting together with an amazing team in Portland, OR every summer for the past eight years.
WDS 2018 is coming up at the end of June (June 26th-July 2nd), and we'll be welcoming people from over 30 different countries. With inspiring keynote speakers, a week full of activities and attendee-led meetups, and two incredible parties, you won't want to miss it!
This is our final wave of main stage tickets so visit our website to get your ticket to this incredible, once a year event! We promise that it's unlike anything you've ever experienced before.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A Massachusetts woman helps men improve their online dating profiles. Tip #1: stop being creepy
- This Ohio man loves board games so much that he made his own—and when he tries to raise $6,000 through a Kickstarter campaign, he ends up with much more than he ever imagined
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,